Those of you with the awesome Addictive Drums tracks...

MetallyGuitarded

He whom thou art not
Can you offer any tips, presets, etc on how a fella can achieve that level of quality with his own mixes? I've tried many of the factory presets and I'm just not hearing the kind of sounds you guys are getting. Are you doing Multi-Out and actually mixing the kit as if it were a real kit? Do you do any of that mixing with outboard/software DSP or are you using the internal AD parameters? I know this program has a lot of potential given it's price but I'm struggling to grasp the how's and why's.

I'm very close to a satisfactory though unexceptional recorded guitar tone and now I want to bring the drums up to the same level. I've used EZ Drummer for a while now and I kinda feel like using the Pop kit for drums and the DFH kit for cymbals is like welding to Chevettes together to try to make a Camaro. I'd rather just soup up a Camaro. Someday I'll get the McLaren F1 ( Slate V2. ) but I wanna work my way up to that.

Also, for those that do treat Addictive Drums as real drums, do you need to do all the gating/compressing with them or does the fact that they're MIDI and slightly pre-processed negate the need?

This forum rocks. Me = :worship:

Recently Fuge and Splat postet their presets which are more than useable. I tweaked them to my liking and now I have two absolutely great drum-sounds. Actually I found the factory-presets pretty much useless for anything "harder" than contemporary rock. You definitly do not need to Multi-Out all the instruments if you don't want to.

Recently Fuge and Splat postet their presets which are more than useable. I tweaked them to my liking and now I have two absolutely great drum-sounds. Actually I found the factory-presets pretty much useless for anything "harder" than contemporary rock. You definitly do not need to Multi-Out all the instruments if you don't want to.
could you post your edited? also I don't have splatt'S version.
@soultrash
search for 1. fuge (member) and 2. egg
you should find them on page on of the thread

anybody have some answers to the original post?
I find myself in the same position, just having purchased Addictive Drums and trying to learn how to mix,EQ and process a dry kit to get a good metal sound.