For those who speak german fluently...

Ess en

Mar 20, 2009
California
www.myspace.com
This may be totally inappropriate, but what the hell, we've already got a handful of language threads.

I'm sitting in german class right now, and we have an assignment where we find some kind of article or interview or whatever and do our best to translate it to english- not word for word, but just to get the gist of it. Additionally, any words that we are unfamiliar with, we are supposed to write down a guess for it then check it in a dictionary.

So, while I am doing the assignment as it's supposed to be done, I think it would help if I could get an actual translation to check this to after I try to figure it out for myself. So if anyone is in the mood of being generous enough to translate this for me, it'd be pretty sweet. So far, I've run into a couple words I can't find in a dictionary at all. Like, "Getröte."

Here's the interview- from the Eluveitie myspace. Just scroll like halfway down the page.

This may be totally inappropriate, but what the hell, we've already got a handful of language threads.

I'm sitting in german class right now, and we have an assignment where we find some kind of article or interview or whatever and do our best to translate it to english- not word for word, but just to get the gist of it. Additionally, any words that we are unfamiliar with, we are supposed to write down a guess for it then check it in a dictionary.

So, while I am doing the assignment as it's supposed to be done, I think it would help if I could get an actual translation to check this to after I try to figure it out for myself. So if anyone is in the mood of being generous enough to translate this for me, it'd be pretty sweet. So far, I've run into a couple words I can't find in a dictionary at all. Like, "Getröte."

Here's the interview- from the Eluveitie myspace. Just scroll like halfway down the page.
ask for specific words. at least i cannot be arsed to translate the whole shit. The verb of the noun "getröte" is "tröten" which is translated to "to hoot".

:lol: wow nee, someone else should translate it or ask for single words like innuenDO said. i just got back from work and don't want to do anyhting

Haha, well I'm not trying to demand that anyone translate it. If nobody feels like doing it then to hell with it. Jeez, I just appreciate your taking the time to look at it.

It sure is discouraging, though- It really makes me realize just how far I am from being anywhere near fluent in german. x_x

Haha, well I'm not trying to demand that anyone translate it. If nobody feels like doing it then to hell with it. Jeez, I just appreciate your taking the time to look at it.

It sure is discouraging, though- It really makes me realize just how far I am from being anywhere near fluent in german. x_x

why do you want to speak german fluently?
and if you don't know some words, feel free to ask for their meaning. i just don't want to translate the whole text:p

Was zum Teufel?^^

Maybe... If I understand what that question is asking me. Haha.

Well there's a whole laundry list of languages I would love to be fluent in. I'm just incredibly interested. And german just happens to be offered at the community college here.

Yeah, I may have to do that. That whole thing about Getröte being a noun based on the verb of "to hoot" was a surprise to my german teacher, as well. She's from germany... But she hasn't lived there in years. Thanks Innuendo.