For which song(s) should Andreas do a 'video break down'?

For which song(s) should Andreas do a 'video break down' for?

• Wiseman

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Alley Cat

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • The Angelmaker

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • King of Whitewater

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Move on Through

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Welcome to Mercy Falls

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Unbreakable

• A Day Away

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Paradise

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Break the Silence

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Hide and Seek

• Destiny Calls

• The Black Parade

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Star of David

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Taint the Sky

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Waiting in the Wings

• Banish the Wicked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not an Angel

• Devil's Inc.

• Edge of my Blade

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Andreas intends to make a 'video break down' of one or two Seventh Wonder songs, complete with tabulatures and comments!

Here's your chance to decide which song(s) it'll be!
By the way, it's possible to select two songs in the poll!

If you're not an 'Ultimate Metal member', you can go here:
http://poll.pollcode.com/76642

Almost all the songs from 'Waiting in the Wings', 'Mercy Falls' and 'The Great Escape' are included in the poll, except for the ballads, the interludes, the instrumental, 'Walking Tall', 'Fall in Line' and the song 'The Great Escape' itself.

Regarding the video and the selected group of 20 songs, here are two side notes from Andreas himself:
1. "Please, let it beknown right away that I will *only* be doing the bass parts, because even in the many instances where I wrote keys and guitars (and even drums!) too, I would never be able to play them."
2. "I think I'd love to work through 'The Great Escape', but if I was to play through it once, then from an instructory point of view go through each riff or figure at let's say half speed, plus explain the techniques and concepts used, that song alone would probably be a 90 minute video.....
So just to increase the chances of this actually happening, I think I will do one or two regular songs instead."

So, select two songs and (it would be great if you'll) make some comments about your choices in the thread itself!

I voted for Welcome To Mercy Falls and Destiny Calls!
Both songs seem to have a few very interesting bass-line or instrumental-sections. I would've voted for either The Angelmaker or Move On Through, but there is already some studio footage from those songs ;)
Looking forward to these videos! It would be great if you could explain some of your thoughts behind the making of the songs (or just the basslines), and maybe some basic theoretical stuff as well.
I've seen many tutorials where just reading the tabs would basically have been easier and faster, but of course it's always great to see it in action. If there is any tricky parts or you're using a specific technique, remember to mention those as well ^^

Looking forward to it! Good luck with the videos :)

Hey Guys! New to this forum, I've been meaning to join for a while but never got around to doing it. This is super cool that Andreas is doing this! I voted for Alley Cat and Paradise. Paradise is my favorite SW song, such strong emotions (and such beastly bass playing)!

Welcome to Mercy Falls and Waiting the wings. My favorite song from SW is Welcome to Mercy Falls and I find it really beautiful and colorful. My second pick is Waiting in the wings because I just love the bass in it, so it would be nice to have it fully played only by bass!

Voted for Break the Silence and Move On Through. Some seriously cool lines in those songs.

Awesome idea!

From SW's Facebook-post:

"Friends, we have decided to close the polls (on-line and at the Forum)!

The reason we closed them is the unrealistic increased amount of votes for 'Move on Through' at the on-line poll, immediately after yesterday's FB-post (regarding the poll being still active).

Both polls had their rules, and bending them in favor of your favorite is not something we can appreciate and (of course) tolerate!

Therefore, the song for which Andreas will do a 'video break down' is.....'Break the Silence'!
If Andreas decides to do a second video, it will be either 'Unbreakable' or 'Alley Cat' (both having the same amount of votes at both polls!).

Thanks to everyone who voted!
Andreas has some work to do now, and we hope you're looking forward to his video.
"

It's a shame the poll was closed a bit earlier than expected but nevertheless, the number of votes at the on-line poll and here at the Forum were very satisfying (and gave a clear view as well)!

A big thanks indeed to the voters!

This thread is closed now, but don't worry, a new thread will be made once Andreas has finished his video!

Status
Not open for further replies.