For you Devin Townsend people (and Keenan)

I should probably buy the tickets before I start life on my own and become poor. :lol:

Righty so, since b/c of the reception for Phantom Antichrist I'll be very sad regardless.

Now, Devy news!

Good Nuze: Devy won the Dimebag Darrell Shredder Award! Yeah!
Bad Noose: Ol didn't. Frankly, I'm disappointed. Boo.

And I'm getting too excited for Epicloud. FUCKYEAHJAZZMETAL!

Devy won that award? Really? Damn. Nothing against Devy of course, but I wanted Ol to win. :(

Nothing against Devy of course, but I wanted Ol to win. :(

Of course there's nothing against Devy, but I think I know why this is surprising. As far as I'm concerned, I think its because as much as an epic songwriter Devy is, he hasn't shown any real proof of him being a true MUDAFUGGINSHREDDINMANIAC!!!! ever since the SYL albums, and even those weren't really shreddy to begin with. He was always more about how to add more awesome to the song. That being said, he has no problems showing off true riffs and nice solos (read: no problem being a shredder), like in the New Black or the Terrorizer/Mad at my Dad song he made for... well, Terrorizer. But when you think MOTHER FUCKING SHREDDING MANIAC!!! Ol fits the description pretty well. Blistering solos, fast riffs, he pretty much fit the criteria.

Also, In Dreams of Terror. Just sayin.

Devin isn't half the shredder Ol is.

Before I get crap for this, read that right, I said shredder, not guitarist/songwriter/whatever.

Devin isn't half the shredder Ol is.

Before I get crap for this, read that right, I said shredder, not guitarist/songwriter/whatever.

1) No one is gonna give you shit for having an opinion - even if you said Devy sucked, you'd have your reasons for saying it.
2) I agree with you. Devy can't shred as well as Ol, and probably never will shred as well as Ol. Ever.

Accelerated Evolution. Fuck yeah. Even the.... "bad" songs on here, like Traveler and Away are fucking awesome. Can't ever get enough of Storm, Deadhead or Slow Me Down either. Anyone agree that this is one of the highpoints of Devy's career?

The highest point in my opinion. And whoever said Traveller and Away were bad was definitely doing some kind of hallucinogen. Deadhead was the song that hooked me to Devin and really, how would anyone not get hooked by the sheer passion that song has. I gotta admit, I like the first half of the album more than the second half but its hard to compete with the awesomeness of the first 5 songs.

Well, by bad, I really meant "less talked about", but still. Every single song is awesome. The intro to Suicide gave me chills earlier.

Anyone agree that this is one of the highpoints of Devy's career?

Seeing as it was a follow up to Terria, it was in Devin's AWESOME AS FUCK periods. Definitely is one of his highpoints of the SOLO career.

Also, I've got the SYL video to end all SYL videos.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQg_-urmk4&feature=watch_response[/ame]

Imagine if they were playing Rape Song instead of Relentles- actually, Relentless could work in this situation... :lol:

Well, by bad, I really meant "less talked about", but still. Every single song is awesome. The intro to Suicide gave me chills earlier.
Oh, sorry about that, I thought someone had told you they were bad an---

Also, I've got the SYL video to end all SYL videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQg_-urmk4&feature=watch_response
Imagine if they were playing Rape Song instead of Relentles- actually, Relentless could work in this situation... :lol:

D:

Anyone get the By a Thread boxset? I got mine in the mail today and it's gorgeous. I got vinyl number 735/1000. :p

:lol: That's way cooler than a vinyl! You're a lucky bastard to have actually been there though.

The vinyl is a single, 7", one side has Coast (take two) from the Ki show, and the opposite side has a "hand drawn etching by Devin Townsend". It doesn't really look like anything though. :lol:

Yes, dead obvious. Judgement is amazing though.
So is polyphony but Judgement is wow.

I shall listen to it.

Now.

After Storm Corrosion has finished.

Did you ever listen to that Keenan?

I have noticed that similiarity before actually. I think that riff sounds cooler in Pylophyony though.

Storm Corrosion, Chip? I don't think I have actually....