For you, SW's most representative song is...

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
What song in your opinion is THE song that defines Seventh Wonder i.e. what song embodies every aspect of Seventh Wonder's music?

Would you pick the same song if you could only choose ONE song to introduce people to Seventh Wonder...?

what song embodies every aspect of Seventh Wonder's music?
Probably The Great Escape, after all it has the most music of any song in it so is the most likely to cover a great range...

But no, for a "one song" to introduce someone to SW or give them an idea of what they're like, I would probably use Welcome To Mercy Falls or Unbreakable.

What song in your opinion is THE song that defines Seventh Wonder i.e. what song embodies every aspect of Seventh Wonder's music?

Would you pick the same song if you could only choose ONE song to introduce people to Seventh Wonder...?

Dude!!
Make a poll so we don't have to count the hundreds of answers to know which song to start the sets with! ;-)

(Andreas -currently in Mexico)

Dude!!
Make a poll so we don't have to count the hundreds of answers to know which song to start the sets with! ;-)

(Andreas -currently in Mexico)

Tranquilo!
No need to worry, dude! I'll count them all :) .

Have fun over there!!

That would be one huge poll! :D

It's a really tricky question I have to say, I already had to think long and wide about it on Facebook.

The song that is most representative is The Great Escape in my opinion, but mainly because it's so long and so there was enough time to put all that is so amazing about the band into it.

But to introduced the band to someone it would be plain wrong. :D

It also depends on whom you want to introduce to the band. Yesterday I introduced a friend from Brazil to Seventh Wonder. And I started with the ballads, because I knew she would like that, so I went in that order:

1. Pieces
2. The Long Way Home
3. Tears For A Father
4. King Of Whitewater
5. Alley Cat
6. Not An Angel
and so on...

I think I convinced her, she hinted she wants to start with buying Mercy Falls first. :)

I doubt I would go the same direction with other people.

But I noticed I had a problem with picking songs from Mercy Falls because I think you should listen to the album as a whole to really appreciate the beauty.

So I think if I wanted to introduce someone to the band I would go with Taint The Sky, The Black Parade and Alley Cat. It's a nice summary of the last three albums.

Unbreakable! Because the song includes:
Great drumfills
An amazing bass solo
Catchy chorus
Cool instrumental section with a great solo on keys and guitar
The most beautiful vocal passage I've ever heard
Epic guitar solo

and it doesn't get too much in any way (not that there are many SW songs that does)

Unbreakable!
For me is the song that defines SW, but maybe for introducing the band to someone, I will choose Alley Cat as the first song, and then more and more.....

If the person had 30 mins to spare, Great Escape, not only cause it is the longest, but because of the creativity of the song...
If not, I would show that person unbreakble, even though I have a personal preference for one last goodbye

I don't know about the most representative song but the first song that I heard on the radio was Hide and Seek and that got me hooked on the band. It was also the first song that I introduced to my brother and he immediately liked it.

Cool to see lots of people saying Unbreakable (or TGE if you want to cover most aspects of the music), that's the one I always thought but I could be biased because that's the song that got me really into Seventh Wonder. Hide And Seek is also a good one I think.

From the first second of Waiting in the Wings to the last of the Great Escape.. (the only 3 CDs I own of SW) ... It all screams Seventh Wonder to me... no more, no less

Not including TGE's title track, i'd have to say Taint the Sky. It's the first song I play to my friends and is the one that tends to grab the most people. Alley Cat is a great second option, but more for being a perfect single rather than a representation of the band.