= Forum Collaboration Repository =

doc_backmask

Aug 2, 2006
Dayton, OH
www.backmask.com
So, in light of the large amount of interest in various collaborations within this group of people, I thought it would be a good idea to centralize links to everything we've done. I think we should be as liberal as possible with our definition of "collaboration" so anything that involves more than one member and was started through this forum would be valid. This would only exclude bands that were formed outside of the forum, for example, Backmask does not count, even though two of us are here. Let me know all the thread locations you know of, and I'll keep it here at the top post.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Shadow Walker, doc_backmask, neverpurify
Necromancer197666
Machinated vocal help

So, in light of the large amount of interest in various collaborations within this group of people, I thought it would be a good idea to centralize links to everything we've done. I think we should be as liberal as possible with our definition of "collaboration" so anything that involves more than one member and was started through this forum would be valid. This would only exclude bands that were formed outside of the forum, for example, Backmask does not count, even though two of us are here. Let me know all the thread locations you know of, and I'll keep it here at the top post.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Shadow Walker, doc_backmask, neverpurify
Necromancer197666

Why didn't I think of this?

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/323608-online-collaboration-thread.html

That's ok. You can take over for me. I don't care. :)

I thought I remembered seeing this. Maybe we should just have Brett sticky yours...

Actually, I don't have much of an interest anymore in keeping it up to date and organizing it so it would be cool to pass you the torch anyway or anyone that wants to do whatever they want with it. If people continue to just simply post collaborations in there, then cool.

Here's a random idea - since last time I checked we've got a working FTP again, why not simultaneously set up a sub-forum and a folder within the FTP server both specifically dedicated to the purpose of letting forum members collaborate together on tracks, jus tto see what comes out?

Say I came up with a riff idea, for example, but I don't know where I'm going with it. I could create a thread in the Collaborations sub-forum containing a link to a folder I've created within the Collaborations folder on the FTP which contains both the mixed-down MP3 of the quad-tracked riff (so people could listen and see whether there's anything they could contribute to it) as well as the seperate .wav files for the guitar tracks for the purpose of re-mixing (we could even include DI tracks for re-amping). Drummers/drum programmers could post loops for us to jam over, vocalists could add their contributions, that sort of thing.

Too crazy? Or is anyone interested?

Here's a random idea - since last time I checked we've got a working FTP again, why not simultaneously set up a sub-forum and a folder within the FTP server both specifically dedicated to the purpose of letting forum members collaborate together on tracks, jus tto see what comes out?

Say I came up with a riff idea, for example, but I don't know where I'm going with it. I could create a thread in the Collaborations sub-forum containing a link to a folder I've created within the Collaborations folder on the FTP which contains both the mixed-down MP3 of the quad-tracked riff (so people could listen and see whether there's anything they could contribute to it) as well as the seperate .wav files for the guitar tracks for the purpose of re-mixing (we could even include DI tracks for re-amping). Drummers/drum programmers could post loops for us to jam over, vocalists could add their contributions, that sort of thing.

Too crazy? Or is anyone interested?

That sounds like a great idea. If nobody else is down, I will definitely do a collab with you. I've been wanting to do something like this forever.

This is seperate.

But I'm doing a full proper cover of Zombie Inc by In Flames. By that I mean I will spend time properly mixing. I'm confident I've got a Good Colony Guitar tone happening.

And I need a vocalist.

So PM if you can do it.

I'd love to get involved in a collab, but all my things are back in Australia and I'm currently in the US for the next couple months or so but after I head back under feel free to count me in if this thing is still rolling.

:headbang:

From THIS thread a while back, I was looking for some vocals. Still not got anywhere with it - anyone interested?

The link in that thread doesn't work anymore, here is a new one: Song 1 [NEEDS VOCALS]

*cough* Matt/Jake *cough* :)

How do we download the song? I like the musical style, and haven't yet tracked my vox outside of my own recordings (not even on Backmask). Might be fun to try and see if you like.

My last comment on this thread was edited for change songs..... for a properly (or almost properly) mixed one....