Forum Tribute

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Hey,

What do you all think of this? The idea is that the forum members here would get together (figuratively) and do a cover of a Katatonia song. Obviously we'd all have to record the parts (such as drums, guitar, vox, etc. ) separately and then we could email our parts over to someone skilled at mixing and they could put it together.

I can do bass, vocals, and/or artwork (for the single, duh ;) ) . Anyone else up for it?

If I could chose, I'd say something off of their new one like 'July' or 'My Twin'.

Jake

List of possible "band members" :

Vocals:

Unicorn (Just Guessing...)
Vincent J.
Ozzloaf
Noituudenaika
mufeis (screams)

Guitars:

Unicorn (Just Guessing...)
hauntedinflames
gumtree
the-great-cold-distance
Noituudenaika
Vincent J.

Bass:

Ozzloaf
Noituudenaika
Vincent J.

Drums:

griev0r
Kitiini
Vincent J.

Keys:

hauntedinflames
Vincent J.

Strings:

Noituudenaika (Cello)
the-great-cold-distance (Violin)

So after thinking about it, I changed my mind for possibly to hell freaking yeah!
Only question is how will we decide what song to do, and which guitarist (if others decide to join) to play which part.

Well I play drums and I guess I could play almost every song pretty good but dont know how to record my drumming :E also haven't had my drums at my house for a very long time so I havent played them either in that time (like months).

I can airdrum! :)

You'll be in the video perfectly in synch with the actual drums!

I would love to do the vocals!

edit: I can also record drums, guitars, bass, keys, etc. but not everything will sound extremely good.
I think it can only be realistic for me to record drums if no one else can, 'cause bass will be line-in with a not so good guitar and guitar will be through a not so good amp (also I don't like to tune down to C :p)

I also offer my mixing abilities xP

Hey Vincent, You can lead vox and then anyone else who wants can do some harmony parts to add some variation.

For the string musicians, if you can write parts that work, then feel free to add those talents to the cover. It'll make it more interesting.