Forum Tribute

It IS however perfectly possible, as has been proven with the Bloodbath cover, which was rather awesome.

Thank you, but I guess it's only possible when you do the cover exactly like the original. Because when every musician wants to bring his own interpretation, you have to meet somehow.
But I'd like to see if they finish it together anyway.

@Martijn
I'm nt mentioned, because the old people are replaced by the new ones ;)
Vincent in my footsteps is ok :)

But seriously I carry and idea of a new cover around for a few months. So if a new kfuck begins I could contribute something.

I would love to contribute drums if you need them. I can record, I'm sure you guys have heard my crap. If not this is what my yamahas sound like but keep in mind that this is shit youtube sound but you can get the idea:

Skillwise it would have to be a song from pre VE days, last two albums had very complex drumming way past my skill level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, but I guess it's only possible when you do the cover exactly like the original. Because when every musician wants to bring his own interpretation, you have to meet somehow.
But I'd like to see if they finish it together anyway.

@Martijn
I'm nt mentioned, because the old people are replaced by the new ones ;)
Vincent in my footsteps is ok :)

But seriously I carry and idea of a new cover around for a few months. So if a new kfuck begins I could contribute something.

you did the dissolving bonds acoustic cover right?

*wounders if Tafe is an internaional word...*

Off topic: Got the train to Otford today and walked up the coast track for a bit. The mountains behind wollongong look really cool.

I should really start calling it college for out non-Australian viewers.

I've actually never been to Otford as far as I know, other than going through there by car or train.

As for the recording. Havn't done it yet. Once I get time I'll do a quick Katatonia song or something just to give you all an idea.

I'd glad of be part of this!!!
maybe I can participate a bit with growl or whispered voices!!
hahaha!!!

I want to try.
I want more details about this topic.

I recorded one the verse as a tester and the sound quality is pretty choppy. I'll pick up my good mic from my drummers house tomorrow and I'll order one of those mic-usb converters off the web. Tell me what you think though:

http://kobrinkustoms.com/julytest.mp3

Someone needs to the screams in the back for this song BTW. I have no growl, whats so ever. :(

Okay, so I havn't had the tie this evening to record anything, but to give something of an idea go to this website www.myspace.com/noisepollutionofmat and listen to the song 'Time new'. That was recorded only a few weeks ago with my old pedals, a digitec RP-50 and Behringer delay, blues overdrive and wah.
Now think of that sound, but a million times better thanks to brand new GT-10, and hopefully that will give a (small) idea of my sound.

As soon as I have an afternoon free I'll do something with my new setup. :headbang:

I think I'll sit this one out since I'm sure most of you like July way more than me, so I'll go ahead and start on 12 if that's ok with you guys?

I saw a video of a woman who did an acoustic and sung cover of Omerta that was really awesome. Anyone want to do something like that? Maybe someone could do acoustic guitar, someone keys, and someone could sing. I think it'd be really beautiful.

I'll help record drums for anything but...is anyone up for some stuff off Discouraged Ones? I would love to do Cold Ways or Saw You Drown....

Hay Mat your stuff is pretty good.

Have a listen to Time did you? I was always a little unsure of that song until i did a re-record. Turned out better than I expected :).

I'll help record drums for anything but...is anyone up for some stuff off Discouraged Ones? I would love to do Cold Ways or Saw You Drown....

I have a decent tab of Cold Ways which I don't mind. I'd really like to do Deadhouse aswell.

Have a listen to Time did you? I was always a little unsure of that song until i did a re-record. Turned out better than I expected :).
I listened to everything on your Myspace and was impressed by all of it...

[random thought] ummm... could you um do something with Vince on vocals? ... Maybe? I don't know anything about making music so it might not work...

I listened to everything on your Myspace and was impressed by all of it...

Why thank you. I'm glad you liked it. (can you tell I never get any feedback over it. heh)

Since this thread is such a mess, I'm just going to wait and see what happens. 3 pages and still hardly any ideas of who's doing what.

I will tell you what I can do though. Pretty much anything given I have a decent enough transcription, or time to transcribe it myself.

Haunted like I said i'll try and get the drums recorded tonight for Brave.

Gumtree if you end up recording anything off DO I'm fully up for collaborating with you on it!

^ Alright. well, It looks like Noituudenaika and myself will be collaborating on Relention once I get the time to transcribe it. You can help with drums for that if you'd like. I wouldn't mind doing Cold Ways either, and maybe Murder and/or Had To (Leave) if anyone else is up for it.