Forum Tribute

I figured we were going to do a cd's worth or so, it'd be useless to do just one song, a probable notion would be to have some people do this song, some people do that song, etc that way everyone gets a chance

also just a thought, along with the handful of these covers, we could have a few people completely redo a few songs to a new instrument. in other words, someone could rework in the white for solo piano, someone could rework 12 for a string ensemble, etc.

maybe we should compare them to see if either of us missed something?

That tab that I have is actually the only one I could find on the ultimate guitar website. (http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/k/katatonia/july_power_tab.htm) It sounds fairly accurate to me.

As far as my recording situation goes, It'll most likely be straight line in to PC from my GT-10, but that sounds pretty good from what I've done sofar. Even my shitty old pedals sounded great line in. I'll b recording a song this weekend for tafe, I'll chuck that on one of my myspace sites if anyone is interested. And you can get a taste of how it may sound.

haha I did that tab, only problem is the first part should repeat 3 times instead of 2 but I just never updated it

Hey, my bass for sure can't tune down to C so could I just record it in standard tuning then lower the pitch on the computer?

I offer my shity photography skills and my even shitter design skills for the album art.

I'd rather see a brand new KFUCK
Reading the rest of this thread I think we can call this KFUCK 2 second attempt.

I'll b recording a song this weekend for tafe,
*wounders if Tafe is an internaional word...*

Off topic: Got the train to Otford today and walked up the coast track for a bit. The mountains behind wollongong look really cool.

if he has a decent enough system it shouldn't sound bad

It will probably sound bad to a trained ear.

Things like these are why I'd prefer to see KFUCK vol. 3 (Katatonia forum users cover kompilation), so everyone records with his equipment and does everything their own way, not everyone has a setup like Markus...
Also, everyone's guitar is tuned differently, everyone prefers a different song, etc...
If EVERY track in a song is recorded in a different way, on a different system, etc, it takes a lot of professionalism to make it sound decent.
It IS however perfectly possible, as has been proven with the Bloodbath cover, which was rather awesome.

It will probably sound bad to a trained ear.

Things like these are why I'd prefer to see KFUCK vol. 3 (Katatonia forum users cover kompilation), so everyone records with his equipment and does everything their own way, not everyone has a setup like Markus...
Also, everyone's guitar is tuned differently, everyone prefers a different song, etc...
If EVERY track in a song is recorded in a different way, on a different system, etc, it takes a lot of professionalism to make it sound decent.
It IS however perfectly possible, as has been proven with the Bloodbath cover, which was rather awesome.

I agree with everything you said, I'd love to do some weird arse cello cover of Cold Ways or something.