Forum Tribute

Sounds cool. I'm having trouble recording my bass though. The mic can't pick it up because it's too low. It only detects vocal frequencies.

I'm considering purchasing an M-box with a semi decent enough condenser mic so I can record through my amp rather than just line in all the time. It would probably sound a hell of a lot better too, despite my room not being sound proof.

I'm considering purchasing an M-box with a semi decent enough condenser mic so I can record through my amp rather than just line in all the time. It would probably sound a hell of a lot better too, despite my room not being sound proof.

Keep in mind that an M-Box + Pro Tools is expensive and rather hard to work with if you are inexperienced with this software. I have Pro Tools myself but I gotta say there are cheaper alternatives that will get the job done just as good. I only have it because I needed it for school, otherwise I'd be using Logic.
Also, you really don't need to buy a condenser mic. You're better off buying a good dynamic (cardioid) mic than a cheap condenser. Something like a SM57 will be just fine for home recording purposes.

Yeah, the SM57 definitely does a good job. I used one of those and a Sennheiser 906 to record some guitars at college and it got me a pretty decent sound. And I already have Cubase so the program is no trouble for me :p. I rather like cubase so getting pro tools seems a little senseless to me.

Any updates so far?

Gumtree I'll re-record that section of the song this weekend for you. It takes a lot to get setup for recording so doing all that just to record like 30 seconds would suck. Anyone else thinking about doing a cover let me know and I could record while I still have everything hooked up.

Any updates so far?

Gumtree I'll re-record that section of the song this weekend for you. It takes a lot to get setup for recording so doing all that just to record like 30 seconds would suck. Anyone else thinking about doing a cover let me know and I could record while I still have everything hooked up.

Well, I'd still like to do some other covers too, but I'm still undecided on which, heh. It's a choice between Murder, Deadhouse, Cold Ways and Had To (Leave). Maybe choose the one you think you'd be best at?

I recorded some bass for relention, and I'll do some guitar during the week most likely.

Any updates from anyone on this? Hopefully it's not like the 10 page waste of time like the Bloodbath cover thread was.

same, finals are coming, and my dad is making me build a new garage essentially by myself, I figure I'll get some free time by december 15th or sp

Working on what? I wasted my time doing drum covers for you and another guy in this thread. I'm done trying to contribute to these things unless I get some kind of track first. For once, me and a couple guys are actually getting a cover done over in the Bloodbath forums, everything is finished but vocals. Seems like these things are lots of talk and no progress most of the time. I'm more pissed at the the guy that wanted to do Brave, it might be simple drumming but it takes awhile to get it all perfect for a cover when the song is 10 fucking minutes long.

Of coarse a lot of these will be all talk, it's the internet here, but I'm still keen on doing something for Relention. I transcribed the bass and guitar parts, recorded the bass to your drum track. I just wish to collaborate further with other people so it's something other than just a straight up exact cover of the song.
Unfortunately, a lot of my time has been swallowed up with studies and my new band, but eventually something will come of this, I'm sure.