Found GRECO Device guitar at home!!!! made in 1986!!

fistula

Producer/Mixing Engineer
Jul 18, 2006
thats amazing - just found at home a GRECO DEVICE guitar.

found on the net that its made in 1986 and seems that its made from alder . it has Grover tunes - and the guy that owned it before changed machine from kahler to shaller.

im so happy!
now got an problem - do i need to change pickups? for EMG 81's e.g. coz there are some passive noname pickups.

what i want from this guitar is early 90s chuga chuga metal/hardcore sound...

any ideas? now the sound is not so powerfull as on my ESP, maybe coz the strings on guitar are very old - i'll change them. i really dont know what to expect from this guitar.

You don't have to change the pickups- you don't have to have emg's in it. I've got a set of no name passive pickups in my esp and I think they sound great, doesn't have to say emg or seymore duncan on it for them to be good!
Give the thing a proper set-up and string change, make sure all the electrics are working properly, polish the frets, re-set the action, intonation, truss-rod etc.. just a general once over to get it in top notch condition, then decide what you want to change on it.

Maybe use this guitar as an experiment for some different brand pickups- I've heard awesome things about bareknuckle - my brother got once for his 7 string ibanez and while pricey the service they give is top notch and the pickups are supposed to be amazing