France does'nt have any good metal bands

melancio said:
Name one good metal band from France and prove me wrong.

Sweden and Finland and Germany and England, and every other country has good metal bands. FRANCE DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!

Am I wrong?:OMG:

They're all onion chomping surrender monkeys, a bunch of slack jawed greasy puffs, so I thus imagine that the aggression of heavy metal doesn't apppeal to them.

Actaully if you think about nothing good comes from France that you can't get better elsewhere.

MasterOLightning said:
Who are these great German bands? Everyone knows Kreator, Destruction, etc., but what outside of that really?

fucking bethlehem :p
empyrium
sodom
nagelfar
accept
agathodaimon (first record exclusively)
nargaroth
sun of the sleepless

...to name a couple personal favorites.

Sweden is the best country ever when it comes to music.

France has The Old Dead Tree. They're pretty good, only I can't stand the French accent of the singer.

Being from The Netherlands, I must say that our small country has delivered some nice Metal bands.
-Gorefest
-Asphyx
-Pestilence
-The Gathering
-Within Temptation

i really dont see where the praise comes from for blut aus nord. wow, they have a cool name. wow, no one has heard of them. wow, they play weird atypical black metal. that doesnt mean theyre good.

deathspell omega is a great band, though.

NineFeetUnderground said:
france is indeed at the bottom of the food chain as far as good band output, but they dont have all that many compared to most other european countries, so i think its in proportion. some of my favorite french acts being blut aus nord and mutiilation. deathspell omega is decent, but average. and gojira isnt anything you cant hear elsewhere a whole lot better.

Mutiilation > Deathspell Omega ?

:lol::lol::lol:

crusen86 said:
I'll name one: Gojira.

Gojira is the band that will get the French scene more exposure but they're not great. Damn good at what they do alright..

Powers said:
Erm...Britain anyone?

Yeah Britain is very oke. Sweden is just a bit better. Not only Metal, but a lot of succesfull pop-acts and producers have come/ are comming from Sweden or Scandinavia as a whole.

France does have a lot of good Reggae/ Rap and other 'black' music kind of stuff. So I hear from a friend.