France does'nt have any good metal bands

Fairyland

*waits for people to start dissing power metal*

I much prefer my favourite French dark electronic band (Die Form) over the majority of the metal bands people are listing. Expecting their new album in the mail anyday now *drools*

yrkoon is also french.
my favorite french metal band is deathspell omega. inquisitors of satan was a good darkthrone worshipping album. the road they have taken since with si monumentum requires, circumspice and kenose has made them pretty unique.

Dev said:
Mutiilation > Deathspell Omega ?

:lol::lol::lol:

yeup. mutiilation's atmosphere is a lot more cold and dark, which is why i listen to raw primitive stuff in the first place. neither band are great musicians, thats not my motive for listening to them...which must be your only argument for my statement.

NineFeetUnderground said:
you agree with him purely because he had the balls to disagree with me in the first place. good for you, feel special. :lol:

prove it. Prove to me that i don't like Deathspell Omega better. When you can't, make some irrelevant ad hominem attack again, and feel proud at how badly you pwned me with your awesomesauce.

NineFeetUnderground said:
yeup. mutiilation's atmosphere is a lot more cold and dark, which is why i listen to raw primitive stuff in the first place. neither band are great musicians, thats not my motive for listening to them...which must be your only argument for my statement.

Have you heard Kenose yet? The musicianship is a few notches higher all the way around. And it's no longer about atmosphere on that one really. The Darkthrone worship material isn't that great.

The only Mutiilation I've heard is Vampires of Black Imperial Blood, which isn't supposed to be their best anyway. It is indeed cold and dark, but the production goes beyond raw to the point that it's frustrating in how bad it is.

Hmmm, don't know much about the french, although one of the closes countries to me and and a part of the 'auld alliance' between Scotland and France, the first 'second' language taught at schools etc.........:). Everon, maybe, well definately, not metal, are excellent.

MasterOLightning said:
Have you heard Kenose yet? The musicianship is a few notches higher all the way around. And it's no longer about atmosphere on that one really. The Darkthrone worship material isn't that great.

The only Mutiilation I've heard is Vampires of Black Imperial Blood, which isn't supposed to be their best anyway. It is indeed cold and dark, but the production goes beyond raw to the point that it's frustrating in how bad it is.

Once he attacks you for posting a couple of times you'll realize he doesn't post here for discussion, but mostly to tell people they are wrong. We'll see.

Ken Lyall said:
Hmmm, don't know much about the french, although one of the closes countries to me and and a part of the 'auld alliance' between Scotland and France, the first 'second' language taught at schools etc.........:). Everon, maybe, well definately, not metal, are excellent.

Everon is actually from germany.

alright...thread-starter, your posting license is hereby revoked.

and i'm very surprised that nobody has mentioned this band yet!!!!

Benighted is from france as well,....and they are AMAZING.

Benighted4.jpg

anyone who hasn't heard their material or style should do so immediately.

brutal death-core that covers just about every genre....extremely groovy, however...and VERY versatile vocalists...

5 out of 5 stars for their latest album. like i said, CHECK OUT BENIGHTED!!!

actually, if youre a doom metal fan...the absolute BEST french band is probably Ataraxie. The band is brutal/dark/depression rendering beauty. Very similar to other funeral doom greats like Evoken, Thergothon and Disembowelment.

melancio said:
Name one good metal band from France and prove me wrong.

Sweden and Finland and Germany and England, and every other country has good metal bands. FRANCE DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!

Am I wrong?:OMG:
Did anyone say "Adagio" yet?