Fredrik singing...

Opeth = Mikael Akerfeldt.

The band is something like a personal Mike project to me. When I think of Opeth, I only think of Mike and the "rest playing the stuff he wrote"

It's got nothing to do with that. I accept the new lineup, and I accept that Peter and Lopez will probably never be with Opeth again, it just really sucks.

No more live shows of them.

They didn't have to say much, they had such powerful presences.

Oh well, at least Bassplayer is still in. :D

Just watch more videos of the "new" Opeth and you will forget about Peter and Lopez, well not forget, but you won't miss them anymore ;)

well, that's that...i created the thread 2 hours ago, and its dead already.

thanks guys.

i was never a complainer of how much this forum has blown lately, but jesus...

I dunno, the lineup I saw at PN08 a couple of months ago freakin' slayed. I can't imagine anyone who's ever called themselves an Opeth fan not digging the shit out of it! I don't recall seeing him sing at all during that show, but the only new tune they were doing was Heir Apparent.

I'll let ya know after I see 'em headlining next month! :headbang:

Dude if anybody fucking knew the answer to your question it would have been answered, and anything interesting could have been added it would have.

Jesus...

I dunno, the lineup I saw at PN08 a couple of months ago freakin' slayed. I can't imagine anyone who's ever called themselves an Opeth fan not digging the shit out of it! I don't recall seeing him sing at all during that show, but the only new tune they were doing was Heir Apparent.

I'll let ya know after I see 'em headlining next month! :headbang:

that's probably the best answer you're going to get.

AND I'm not fucking saying the new lineup sucks or anything like that, they're still badass!

Just wish Peter and Lopez were still a part of Opeth.

Axenrot and Akesson have failed to disappoint so far.

:lol: I don't know the answer what do you want me to do? Guess it?

Yes, he sings in every song, in fact Mikael stopped singing, Fred is the official new singer.

EDIT: Whoooops way too late :lol:

Anyone who doesn't find them attractive is clearly not an Opeth fan.

wyrmwood you seriously need to stop with this attitude, I'm slightly agitated atm (not because of you) and writing in all due haste, slightly emotionally upset atm so proceed with caution:

THINGS CHANGE. Get used to it. Yes, lopez was a trademark of opeth but seriously axe will be just as good if not better than lopez would have been if he had been in opeth yet, it was inevitable so just take what's given to you and STOP FRET on the past, okay? thanks!

Peter is another thing, I liked him as well and I can recognize myself in him a bit, but honestly, fredrick åkesson is most likely top 3 or at least top 5 of swedish guitarist on the metalscene. AND he can sing backing vocals as well. AND he plays the two best solos on burden. AND he plays the solo in heir apparent (that, is a reason alone to dig him)

I hope this clears things up for you

Peter is another thing, I liked him as well and I can recognize myself in him a bit, but honestly, fredrick åkesson is most likely top 3 or at least top 5 of swedish guitarist on the metalscene. AND he can sing backing vocals as well. AND he plays the two best solos on burden. AND he plays the solo in heir apparent (that, is a reason alone to dig him)

Exactly.

wyrmwood you seriously need to stop with this attitude, I'm slightly agitated atm (not because of you) and writing in all due haste, slightly emotionally upset atm so proceed with caution:

THINGS CHANGE. Get used to it. Yes, lopez was a trademark of opeth but seriously axe will be just as good if not better than lopez would have been if he had been in opeth yet, it was inevitable so just take what's given to you and STOP FRET on the past, okay? thanks!

You post this like I have a problem with Fredrik or Axenrot...
I don't think they play bad at all.

Like I've already said if you could read, I started listening to Opeth in early 2000's... I mean when Deliverance came out, blew my mind. That time of Opeth is just my favorite, is when Mikael, Peter, and both Martins were playing.

I don't mean to knock Axe or Akesson when I say that, I'm sure I'll grow to like them as much I like Lopez and Lindgren as musicians.

Hope this clears things up for YOU.

why did this thread suddenly turn into an "omg I miss peters hot bod" thread?

based on tonight, fredrik doesn't sing any backing vocals other than in tle iirc imoafaik