Free cymbal samples + 2Box midi template for Reaper

henryjarv

Oct 12, 2014
Finland
hjaudio.blogspot.com
Here's a lot of cymbal samples (Stereo, 2 OH mics)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uu2p74qeavdkiwv/HJ_Cymbals_10.06.2017.rar?dl=0

Hi-Hat: Closed_1_Shaft, Closed_2_Shaft, Closed_1_Tip, Closed_2_Tip, Pedal, Open_A/B/C/D
Ride: Shaft, Tip, Bell
Crash 1: Shaft, Bell, Choke
Crash 2: Shaft, Bell, Choke
Splash
China

Samples were recorded to use with 2Box, so thats why there's a lot of Hi-Hat samples, to make that CC-controlled Hat to work. But of course you can use these samples with any sampler.

Link to Reaper midi template for 2box users:
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/30917/2-Box_Midi_Template_HJ.rar
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=192822

You are free to use these samples in your own projects, but don't be an idiot and share or sell these anywhere.
...Thanks.

Hi! Realy like your mapex snare and cymbars samples! Thanks for share! Do you have samples or multitrack of kick and toms?

Reactions: henryjarv
Hi! Realy like your mapex snare and cymbars samples! Thanks for share! Do you have samples or multitrack of kick and toms?
Thanks! Well...I have, but those are not so great sounding. Maybe I record new/better ones some day, maybe.
But try to google "themetalkickdrum", there you can find good samples for kick/snare/toms, for free. Or try to find those old Sneap samples somewhere...

Thanks! Well...I have, but those are not so great sounding. Maybe I record new/better ones some day, maybe.
But try to google "themetalkickdrum", there you can find good samples for kick/snare/toms, for free. Or try to find those old Sneap samples somewhere...
I did listen "themetalkickdrum" snares and your and for me your samples mutch better. Realy want to see your shell pack samples!

I did listen "themetalkickdrum" snares and your and for me your samples mutch better. Realy want to see your shell pack samples!
Hmm, maybe I should start to sell these :D
I have toms and kick samples with the same mic setup with that snare. Not sure what I was thinking, only used 1 OH mic for some reason...
What samples you need for those? (close mics, bleed to other mics, L/R hand, OH...)
8 mics were used when recording: kick, snare T, snare B, T1, T2, T3, T4, OH.
Just asking, because it takes quite long time to upload to dropbox, so I don't want to add anything you don't need.

Edit: Here's a short sound test, but I'm not 100% sure are these same samples (I have recorded the same kit 2-3 times..)

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe I should start to sell these :D
I have toms and kick samples with the same mic setup with that snare. Not sure what I was thinking, only used 1 OH mic for some reason...
What samples you need for those? (close mics, bleed to other mics, L/R hand, OH...)
8 mics were used when recording: kick, snare T, snare B, T1, T2, T3, T4, OH.
Just asking, because it takes quite long time to upload to dropbox, so I don't want to add anything you don't need.

Edit: Here's a short sound test, but I'm not 100% sure are these same samples (I have recorded the same kit 2-3 times..)

Maybe.) I will take all you have.) Thanks!

Last edited: