french metal said hi!!!!

yes, for the to reply but we have a lot of great bands like apoplexy, carcarias, inhumate and more .......
i really wanna know if poeple known the existence of the french metal scene. all of us know band came from usa, sweden,norway,finland,......but not a lot know band came from france:lol: . it's really sad, cause we have a big scene.
thank you for reply to my question.

I'm french.
The french metal scene is not good at all. Only few acts are decent.
Best french artists are (in my opinion) Patrick Rondat, Penumbra, Time Curve Symmetry; Brann Barr, Misanthrope, and maybe falkirk. All these have their own originality and their music has a soul.

Apart from that many bad copying black/death metal bands, ridiculous hard core/nu metal crossover subgenres, or actual bands that still copy and paste old french bands such as sortilege, trust and killers (who were good at their time, but well why copying them in 2002?) with awful production and unskilled musicians.

Very boring scene to tell the truth. Surely due to no exposure in the medias and no big festivals there.

Maybe i've forgotten some "good" other french bands but well, the scene is a so big disaster I almost avoid automatically everything that's from my country. From time to time i have some surprises (Penumbra for example) and can't believe they are french lol.

Hope this helped you :)

Cheers.

hey man i'm french. don't be upset but we have two good festival like no merci festival and x mass festival. and if i ask if someone know french metal band it's because french poeple don't know them too. that's all. i'm pacifist.a+

hey,bombjour, it's not a fight but i'm ok with you when you said that it's the same like wacken open air but we are great bands and i think that if poeple knew more french band the like it more.
a lot of french musicplayer played in international band so why they can't play in a french band.
if we always said that in france we don't have good festivals, bads........ we never had it. we must fight for existing and perhaps one day we have great festivals,bands.......