French Metal !

Would you like a French Metal board ?

• Yeah, I like French bands, they're interesting !

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • No, French bands suck.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I have no opinion 'bout that.

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
French black metal is awesome..
Mütiilation, Kristallnacht, Blessed In Sin, Bekhira, Belketre, Vlad Tepes, Seigneur Voland, etc...
Seth are nice too..

I have like 1 cd from a french artist/group: Eros Necropsique (Pathos), its really doomy/darkwave and I actually like it, but I would love to understand what they are singing about......:/

My favourite French bands are YYRKOON and NO RETURN, 2 extremely underrated and under-exposed bands.

I recently saw No Return live and they blew me away, killer band!

I hate those so-called "extreme" and "true" Black Metal bands from France (and not only from France), who can barely hold a guitar or a drumstick, like those fucking nazi fuckwits Kristallnacht, they should all die.

yeah, No Return kick serious ass! :headbang: i saw them twice and both times they played very tight :)

oh, and don't forget FURIA! i bought the album "a la quête du passé" and i can only recommend it :headbang: i'd describe it as majestic blackmetal with growls and good guitarwork

There are a lot of French bands worth a listen : The Old Dead Tree, The Last Embrace, Fate, Dissectomy, The A.R.R.S, L'esprit du Clan, No Return, Carnival In Coal, Dagoba and of course Drifting Breed ;) check me sig :p

@cedarbreed: nice paw you have there
bl_paw.gif

opi/
bl_paw.gif

SCARVE IS AMAZING!

The songs "Capsized" and "Futile Resilient" from their latest album simply rival some things Dark Angel did when it comes to thrash.

No Return also kick ass.

we have bands that seriously kicks ass here... we still are victims of this cliché that states that french are bad at music. this fortunately is changing !
As for serious doom-metal french band, i'd quote Worship, Despond, Rising Dust, Northwinds, and of course, Ataraxie which is my own band :p

Hail to you all!

I very glad to tell you that the French band Artefact won the national part of the "Metal Battle" contest organised by Metallian, And they'll perform in this year's Wacken Open Air to represent France. If you come there, come and support them on the Wet Stage, Friday August 6th from 13:45 to 14:10.

for more information, songs and videos from the band, come to http://artefact.zik.mu
Moreover thank you all to support French Scene, we really need your support against mainstream mediocrity.

Seb, besides of Artefact