Frontiers...

-R=ESThIaRrEdDik=-

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2004
I heart from this Bonustrack "Frontiers" on the japan release of the odyssey.

IS that a song from Symphony X or a coversong ?

Why the hell is this bonustrack just for the japan people :yell:
Thats not fair

How is the song ?

I heard from this Bonustrack "Frontiers" on the japan release of the odyssey.
Right.

IS that a song from Symphony X or a coversong ?
It's a SymX song.

just for the japan people Thats not fair
I think everyone else here agrees...it really sucks.

How is the song ?
Awesome. A bit commercial sounding, rather unique for their style,
great guitar solo in there and powerful vocals, cool lyrics.

This has been covered in a couple of past threads.
Search "frontiers" to hear comments, etc.

Damn man !

I know SX´s label is from Japan but that is no reason to favour the japan people.
Europe for example has the same right to get this song. Thats fucking bullshit sorry I wont blame the band, and I bet there is a good reason behind and I doubt that SX sucks up with their label.
-
Anyone who has ICQ and know this song please contact me
#261422913 :D

-=Shardik=- said:
Damn man !

I know SX´s label is from Japan but that is no reason to favour the japan people.
Europe for example has the same right to get this song. Thats fucking bullshit sorry I wont blame the band, and I bet there is a good reason behind and I doubt that SX sucks up with their label.
-
Anyone who has ICQ and know this song please contact me
#261422913 :D
No, Symphony X is with InsideOut Music, not a Japanese label.

Oh sorry, I thought Inside Out has his central in Japan
Cause I read in some news about the band that SX is hard working for their japanese label

*sigh*

Maybe we should pin this at the top. :D

Its the same reason most other bands' CDs have bonus tracks in Japan......

The CD industry is VERY expensive over there. A normal CD in Japan costs about $30 U.S. Since it would be cheaper to order the CD from the U.S. or Europe and have it imported, Japanese record companies offer bonus tracks so that the people would be more tempted to buy the CD in Japan rather than order one from out of the country.

-=Shardik=- said:
Oh sorry, I thought Inside Out has his central in Japan
Cause I read in some news about the band that SX is hard working for their japanese label
Calling JAX !!!!!! Can you help us out here please, RE: InsideOut Music? I may be wrong, you would have all the facts. Am curious now. Thanks!

Ok thanx for the information
i have no more understanding but it would be nice to download this bonussong ageinst cash from the net :)

i´ll try

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a great drum solo!!!!!!!!! ... i definately stayed up all night learning it, and i made my bassist learn that section, too. :headbang:

Ya know, it's a decent and cute song, but compared to other stuff on the album it sounds like filler and completely out of place. There's a reason why it's been added only as a japanese bonus track.

Ya know, it's a decent and cute song, but compared to other stuff on the album it sounds like filler and completely out of place. There's a reason why it's been added only as a japanese bonus track.
Thank you! I thought it was pretty uninspired, and the solo seemed like he was thinking, "Nothing's jumping out at me, so I'll just screw around and shred for a few bars." I think this is the only SX song I don't like.

And why's everyone complaining? We got the Masquerade remake, which I'm pretty sure wasn't on the Japanese release (I think, but I'm not sure). I like Masquerade better, because it comes on at the end of the album and kinda says, "Remember - at the heart SX is a neoclassical metal band - or at least that's where they started."

Frontiers is much better than Masquerade, I think. And it was released before it was ever on the Odyssey, so it's not even new. Well, both songs are good, but Frontiers is a more beautiful song I think. But like Pharoah said, this is SO not a new topic.

OfSinsAndShred said:
And why's everyone complaining? We got the Masquerade remake, which I'm pretty sure wasn't on the Japanese release (I think, but I'm not sure). I like Masquerade better, because it comes on at the end of the album and kinda says, "Remember - at the heart SX is a neoclassical metal band - or at least that's where they started."
Masquerade was actually on the Japanese version of the The Odyssey. They got that and "Frontiers". Then again, they had Masquerade waaaaaaaaay ahead of anyone else since it was part of the "Prelude to the Millennium" set.

Glenn

BastrdDrmr said:
Frontiers rules because it shows a different side of Symphony X. It's cool to not always be neoclassical or else you end up sounding stale like Yngwie.
They don't play neoclassical very much at all anymore. Look at the whole "Odyssey" album. I'd say Masquerade is the only neoclassical song on it.

Well, I listen to Frontiers now...

and I am a little bit disappointed, well actualy this song sounds not finished
This song sounds like "The Turning" somehow rushed and just a "stopgap" :erk:

well symphony x cd's here in Aus are also way more expensive to buy from here (about $25UD) than to import direct from the states so i think we should get more bonus songs also. im being greedy huh.. ah well worth a shot.