FS: Alesis DM5 w/ Rack Case and Ddrum Trigger (Ebay)

Uladyne

Greg
Oct 20, 2006
Oregon Coast
I hate to spam, and I had a bit of internal struggle trying to decide whether to post this or not, but my personal motto is "Ah, Fuck it" and now that I sold a set of Axis Pedals I'm way close to having enough money for a used 5150. I'm still a bit short though, so I'm trying to sell my Alesis DM5 with a 2 space rack case and Ddrum Trigger for $300 on Ebay. If anyone knows of anyone who may be interested in such an item please direct them to the following page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330294863028&category=38069&_trksid=p2773.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D40%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54

Damn dude, that's pretty awesome for a live kick setup - and the DM5 has MIDI outputs, right? So you could send all the triggers signals to it, and then the MIDI into the computer to save a shitload of analog inputs? My singer has the E-drum version of the DM5 so I can't justify myself buying this right now, but DAMN what a deal...

Yea, it's got midi in and out. I've never used it for more than triggering my kick, but it would be cool to use for retriggering everything like you were saying. The closest I've come to that was recording the midi out for the kick so I wouldn't have to retrigger it later in the daw. I just ran the resulting midi track through DFHS and wham, there it was.

I also have a DDrum4 brain, which I could experiment with in the future, but I can't let that one go.

FYI The E-drum version of the DM5 is the same unit, it probably just came in a kit with trigger pads, stands and hi hat pedal, etc., but I'm sure you already knew that. Just clarifying for anyone else who may not know.

im about to do some tests with my DM5 pro kit via midi. been currently using the triggers straight into my digi and motu with drumagog, but wouldnt mind trying it with BFD or DFH etc! dont really know if i can separate the midi signals to individual instrument tracks though :/

It probably depends on your DAW, and I haven't messed with the more advanced features of the DM5 to know if it's possible, but maybe you could put each element in the DM5 on seperate Midi channels and set up a Midi track for each of those channels? If not I suppose you could manually copy and paste the midi signal of each "instrument" or midi note to it's own seperate midi track after everything is recorded.

Damn dude, that's pretty awesome for a live kick setup - and the DM5 has MIDI outputs, right? So you could send all the triggers signals to it, and then the MIDI into the computer to save a shitload of analog inputs? My singer has the E-drum version of the DM5 so I can't justify myself buying this right now, but DAMN what a deal...

As far as I know, it wouldn't be a "shitload of analog inputs" because the module sends in stereo...it's got like 12 ins, but two sets of stereo outs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

As far as I know, it wouldn't be a "shitload of analog inputs" because the module sends in stereo...it's got like 12 ins, but two sets of stereo outs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Well I'm talkin MIDI outputs, so it'd send all the hits via MIDI