Monster Cable suing rampage

They decided to threaten a former lawyer's company, and he managed to fend them off with a well reasoned look into their motives and the accuracy of their extortion fodder: http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/blue-jeans-strikes-back

It's a funny read, albeit a bit brain ouchy for those of us not privy to the finer details of the legal system (or more specifically: the US legal system).

Motherfuckers - I just bought 5 (there's a buy-it-now link in the "question and answer" field at the bottom).

That's just it, it's because of the freedom and relative "laissez-faire" economic attitude that corporations are able to amass this power, consolidate it, and be total shitheads - I fully support governmental regulation of the company in terms of policing the corporations, cuz god knows they need it...

That's just it, it's because of the freedom and relative "laissez-faire" economic attitude that corporations are able to amass this power, consolidate it, and be total shitheads - I fully support governmental regulation of the company in terms of policing the corporations, cuz god knows they need it...

Monster Cable as much as GM, Ford etc.

Wasn't there a test a while back on another forum showing that Monster is no better than your average coat hanger? :lol: Fuck Monster anyway, their cables are overpriced and I make my own anyway that are just as good...maybe even better. HAH.

~006

"Also, please provide me all of the information referenced above as it relates to your expired patent D323643, a copy of which I am attaching."
I actually LOL:ed at that one. :D

VERY interesting article on this subject, that's already 4 years old:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/11/08/BUG1J9N3C61.DTL&type=business

some excerpts said:
A monster by any other name might get you sued by Monster Cable Products Inc.

The Brisbane maker of electronics accessories has filed lawsuits and trademark infringement claims against dozens of companies for using "monster'' in names, products or services.

The TV series "Monster Garage'' and the Monster Seats above Fenway Park's left field wall have been targeted in what Monster Cable officials say is an aggressive legal strategy to protect the firm's good name.

"We have an obligation to protect our trademark; otherwise we'd lose it, '' said Monster Cable founder Noel Lee.

[...]

According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and court records, Monster Cable has gone after other notable monsters:

-- Walt Disney Co., which distributed Pixar Animation Studios' hit film "Monsters, Inc.''

-- Bally Gaming International Inc. for its Monster Slots.

-- Hansen Beverage Co. for a Monster Energy drink.

-- The Chicago Bears, whose nickname is "Monsters of the Midway.''

They tried to take on Disney? Arrogance is something we can add to the list.

Colt Firearms is quite similar. I wouldn't be surprised if they have an entire room for their files either.

Wasn't there a test a while back on another forum showing that Monster is no better than your average coat hanger? :lol: Fuck Monster anyway, their cables are overpriced and I make my own anyway that are just as good...maybe even better. HAH.

~006

Most definitely better, I would definitely trust Neutrik over the connectors Monster uses!

And I wonder if they ever tried to take on "Monster.com," the job site - THAT to me seems like the most likely candidate, if anything

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the article :D

fucking douchebags

just curious, but is this posted on gearslutz? 'cause like 1/2 the people who buy their BS cables post over there, and will probably have their panties in a big-ass bunch over this

we also carry monster A/V cables where i work...and regardless of the fact that we make a good markup on them, i'll make sure that not a damn person who steps foot in the place walks out with any of their shit