Monster Cable suing rampage

cookie-monster3.jpg

FTW!

i own about $20K worth of Monster Cable, all given to me when i was an artist endorser for them... i still use a good deal of it. it's quality stuff, i like it... but man, are those guys setting themselves up for a major consumer backlash or what??

That's just it, it's because of the freedom and relative "laissez-faire" economic attitude that corporations are able to amass this power, consolidate it, and be total shitheads - I fully support governmental regulation of the company in terms of policing the corporations, cuz god knows they need it...

Bullshit.

It's a bizarre and fucked-up legal system that allows for even a lost lawsuit to bankrupt an innocent defendant that allows for this to happen, and for shitheads to fall back on government handouts. If you think the free market is bad, the government is full of these fucks. Take it from me - an actual government employee: if you want something done right, getting the government involved is the last thing you want to do.

Jeff

Yeah I'm with Jeff on this. The fault is with the legal system. It just boils down to who is richer. Law, and the pursuit of justice is treated like a business in western societies, and it's just not right.

I know McDonald's is hardcore, too.

There was a gas station called McGas or something stupid in some drive-thru town in New York... Beacon or Fishkill or something.. and McDonald's went after them for their name...

That's pretty crap, but at least I can understand using "Mc" in something... etc etc.. but Monster is a word that exists in the english dictionary... you cant just take a fucking word and decide its yours to own.. douche bags... at least Russell Simmons owns "Phat Farm" and Michael Buffer owns "Lets get ready to rumble" ... those are "phrases" and "phat" IS a created word...

BTW, Donald Trump got told to piss off when he tried to trademark "You're Fired".

Monster can fuck off, Ill keep using my George L's and whatever

ha, read that some time ago...crazy shit ;)

when I had a cable-shootout (for 1/4 inch) the clear winner was Sommercable "The Spirit"....costs like 1/4th of what monstercable costs but sounds better ;)
(don't wanna say Monsters sound shite...just not really top-notch, definitely overpriced)

I just sent them an email explaining to them that neither me or any of my friends will be purchasing their products ever again. What assholes.

My highest hope is that Zakk Wylde (who is a Monster endorsee) will tell them to fuck off. I mean he could just as easily go with another, better company that isn't a fucking corporate pirate and they would be so owned.

EDIT: I've now sent a huge ass email to Zakk Wylde's webmaster, hoping to get the matter some attention. I'm also gonna talk to some people at the local music stores to see their opinion on this. As most of them are family owned buissnesses I think they might have some things to say!

EDIT: My highest hope is that Zakk Wylde (who is a Monster endorsee) will tell them to fuck off. I mean he could just as easily go with another, better company that isn't a fucking corporate pirate and they would be so owned.

Yeah, I am going to mail him, as soon as I find the address(I have it somewhere on my harddrive.).
I don't know how many Zakk fans there are on this forum, but he has stated in several interviews that the thing he hates the most is bullies(And you can really see him fire up when talking about them!). ;P

Yeah, I am going to mail him, as soon as I find the address(I have it somewhere on my harddrive.).
I don't know how many Zakk fans there are on this forum, but he has stated in several interviews that the thing he hates the most is bullies(And you can really see him fire up when talking about them!). ;P

Yeah I was thinking of a part of the interview on The European Invasion where he starts talking about bullies and he just fires up, getting so pissed! :headbang:

I just sent one there too, i sent to info@zakkwylde.com

if you have a better contact address could you pm it to me so i can re-send?
or post it up here if its in keeping with the forum rules

if you have a better contact address could you pm it to me so i can re-send?
or post it up here if its in keeping with the forum rules

Sorry dude, its his private account, so I don't want to give it away to other people like that. ;X
I might just have to email Nick Catanese about it though, because I cant seem to find Zakks(Nick Catanese email can be found through google.). :p

I really like his riffs and playing style, but what a hypocrite douche. On a live Black Label Society he dedicate a song for all the soldiers in Iraq "making them pay for all the shit they did to us". American invasion on Iraq is the definition of bullying.

This thread isnt really about Zakk Wylde, the only reason i mentioned it was because the probability that he will stop endorsing them if he finds this stuff out.

Any ways, I have emailed Catanese now, which means that it will reach Zakk sooner or later.
Catanese usually has alot of mails to go through, but he actually answer each and every mail he gets. :)

thanks so much for posting this! this is really good to know.

i stopped buying monster a couple years ago. they might have the best warranty in the business, but i hate products where i constantly have to make use of their warranty. i've had to return 1/4" cables on 5 different occassions because their tips broke off in less than 2 years. (and no, i didnt let the neighborhood children use them for jumprope)

weird, i have several dozen individual Monster cables and a couple dozen of their various snakes, and i've only ever had 4 or 5 of them go bad.... all the same, i'm not fond of the corporate bully status they seem to be earning these days.