Ft. Lauderdale bootleg

Just finished.....

Apparently the person filming was to the left of me, like right next to me during the concert.
If you see an arm or a person taking pictures with a display on their camera to the right of the screen......thats me.

Heh......sorry for any inconvenience I may have posed during the filming.
But hey.....I'm famous!

ok now my bitrate is 0 and i'm stuck at 33%....please people! seed for the people that don't have it yet...the point is to share...

it's not that hard to just leave the window open, it hardly takes up any resources on my computer....

jeffbr_ said:
It is being spread. 51 people have grabbed it from the torrent. 23 people are in the process. You choose not to grab it, that your choice. In the time you've spent complaining about it you could have grabbed it, too. I did, and I've watched it a few times already.
Yeah I started grabbing it. It's been going at a steady 0.5kb/s for the past 3 hours, whilst my uploads have been going at a constant 13.5kb/s (around the max potential for my pipe). I figure if I don't have any power shortages for the next few years I should get it in time for my 22nd birthday.

It doesn't matter though, by the time it's done I would've seen Opeth live here for their last official gig of the year (excluding that Swedish festival).

Moonlapse said:
Yeah I started grabbing it. It's been going at a steady 0.5kb/s for the past 3 hours, whilst my uploads have been going at a constant 13.5kb/s (around the max potential for my pipe).
The speed may increase drastically if you open an inbound port. Here, I found good documentation on BitTorent: http://dessent.net/btfaq/ It tells you which port you need to open, if you're up for that.

-GK

Well I use the ABC BitTorrent client, Gabriel which apparently as its set now opens all ports from 6881 to 6999. As far as I'm aware these are all the inbounds ports I need for BitTorrent. But thanks for the effort anyway.

I read the FAQ Gabriel posted after all and opened up two of the lowest range ports and my download has gone up to about 10kb/s. I know it should definately be possible to leech more outta this sucka though.

Whoa! Finished downloading. I can open the VOB files with a DVD player on my computer, and it looks quite good!

Now I have a dumb question. How do I make a DVD out of this? I don't have a DVD burner but someone I know does. But he doesn't know how to make a DVD that's playable in a DVD player, either. Should I just copy all files to a DVD-R, or is there something special I need to do?

-GK

Mr. Niel said:
Here is the thread for the bit torrent link for the whole entire DVD.

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48073

You are mistaken, fuckface :tickled: . I'm not even going to argue with you, you are one of those insane bootleg purists who insist on what is "right" and what is "good" over some shitty recording some guy made with a hand held microphone while standing in the mosh pit.

Just because you read the help file on what "normalization" is on your MusicMatch jukebox software does not make you an expert on audio engineering/remastering, especially since you don't know the difference between what a compressor does and what normalization is. Here's a dollar, buy yourself a clue. (either way, the point is moot again, since I didn't do anything to the audio. The torrent is the original everything.)

Yes, subjective is the term to use, since it's a matter of personal taste whether you want to hear some shitty live recording as a wav file or 128 kbps. Bottom line is, it's still gonna sound like a guy standing there with an external mic getting jostled around, hearing everyone's conversations nearby ("Play some fucking Skynard!!!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOOO!") as the band plays. I'd rather hear a soundboard show if anything. Once again if you weren't paying attention, that is a matter of personal taste between you and me, the dedicated bootleg listeners, which of course is pretty much the definition of "subjective". (see 1b)

Furthurmore, with that kind of attitude, no one is really going to want to trade with you anyway, so go find someone else to preach to, or at least a different thread, please.:loco:

Anyway...I rate this boot as (on a scale of one to ten)

Vid/pic 8-9 (few minor camera shakes, guy moves the camera off the stand a few times, but otherwise good picture)

Audio 7-8 (it's an external mic. Yay. Could use some highs. Whoever said Opeth were flawless that night was lying too, Mike has quite a few vocal flubs.)

I'm leaving it on for a few days. Please somebody seed this after they get it. 4 gigs is alot of fucking space.
For once the Culture Room wasn't having shitty sound! :)