FUCK! ARSE!

Actually i feel a lot better now (not drunk...), i think i had a little enlightement about singing just a moment ago while driving. You're not supposed to try to force your throat to be relaxed, but just to not move it along with the scale... Shit man, i'm so stupid that it took me two years to understand the difference... It's just my projection that sucks now. I Actually hit a couple pretty high notes. They sounded like that shit but that's gotta be the projection not working...

Mazah said:
Shit man, i'm so stupid that it took me two years to understand the difference...

Hey. After 1,5 years of NEUROTIC daily practice on the limits of my sanity I've barely got an inch forward. Only just enough so I at the moment enjoy rehearsing. I've got some balls to my high notes now, but much more is needed. Also the notes Gis2-Ais2 are difficult as hell. AND today I realised it takes me half an hour before I'm actually warmed up enough to sing the high notes properly. Shit, I've always thought warming up is plain gay.

nevershine said:
Naah it's okay, but thanks for the thought. I just got nursed in the head by 25 5th graders... A bunch of really hard-headed kids. This day was a tough one. Different class tomorrow thank god.

Damned, I already had high-hopes!

I am going to have to do some of the graveyard shifts to Makuuni's
SE-jahti. Drinking coffee and watching movies from 2330pm to 0730am,
hell of a way to spend weekend...I don't have a life!! Well hopefully I
get as much free movies as I did last year...(to compensate my hard
working) :loco:

Windom Pearl said:
Hey. After 1,5 years of NEUROTIC daily practice on the limits of my sanity I've barely got an inch forward. Only just enough so I at the moment enjoy rehearsing. I've got some balls to my high notes now, but much more is needed. Also the notes Gis2-Ais2 are difficult as hell. AND today I realised it takes me half an hour before I'm actually warmed up enough to sing the high notes properly. Shit, I've always thought warming up is plain gay.

I have come to the conclusion that when you sing with just chest voice, warming up is gay. I don't warm up for gigs or practices, if i had a working full register, then i would. Also i've understood now that if you can't thin down your vocal chords naturally, theres something wrong with your technique. It just like fast double bass drum grooves, some people have the right technique naturally, then all they have to do is build up the muscles. The rule applys on both, there should be no useless tension. I couldn't/can't do neither of these naturally. That really drives me crazy... Fuck... i'm all depressed again... Damn these fucking mood swingFUCK... I'm acting like a fucking kid...

Windom Pearl said:

How is it possible to keep the soft palate lifted and the throat open at the same time? Or am i just mutated? I just can't seem to do it...

Mazah said:
How is it possible to keep the soft palate lifted and the throat open at the same time? Or am i just mutated? I just can't seem to do it...

By opening lowering the jaw and and showing upper teeth simultaneosly I guess. This means the mouth should be open, but not brutally open. The less stress the better. In case this is about high pitch, Sadolin points out that lifting the soft palate isn't necessary for belting and more likely has a counter effect. However, other sources state that one needs to lift the palate for high pitches, so WTF!?!? You got me there.

Windom Pearl said:
By opening lowering the jaw and and showing upper teeth simultaneosly I guess. This means the mouth should be open, but not brutally open. The less stress the better. In case this is about high pitch, Sadolin points out that lifting the soft palate isn't necessary for belting and more likely has a counter effect. However, other sources state that one needs to lift the palate for high pitches, so WTF!?!? You got me there.

Not pitch, just finding the fucker again... The way i understood it is, you can't get as high with belting that you can without. I once found this semi-belting thing while fucking around with falset, i got really high but it kinda hurt my throat... I think King Diamond sings like this, only with a non-harmful technique. I don't know if it works with head voice.

Anyway, lifting the palate helps me hit the high notes easier in chest, but then, when i go high enough, my throat gets constricted and i can't help it. I've been trying to do achieve that without choking but i just can't do it. Maybe soon, at least i know what the problem is now, or i think i do...