Fuck I love Soilwork

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman
Saw them live last Monday, supporting for In Flames in Hamburg. They were really good, though In Flames totally kicked their asses.
They were alot better than Pain though (second support act...boooring).
I'm gonna see that lineup on Oct. 26th in Vienna... I like Pain as well, though :)

Originally posted by Satori
What are Soilwork like? Please don't tell me it's that poser/whiner "I'm such a sensitive man" bullshit ala Dream Theatre.

Real metal and REAL music is so hard to find these days.

Satori
I can only tell you about their latest album: It's somewhat similar to In Flames & the Gothenburg style in general (heavy, melodic, "spit out" & clean vocals), but thrashier and more aggressive while at the same time poppier in the choruses.

Originally posted by Satori
What are Soilwork like? Please don't tell me it's that poser/whiner "I'm such a sensitive man" bullshit ala Dream Theatre.

Real metal and REAL music is so hard to find these days.

Satori

:rolleyes: Dream Theater are more talented than most bands nowadays.

Soilwork are similar to In Flames and Darkane the first 3 albums are more technical and thrashier the last one is more melody oriented.

soilwork is not similar to in flames or darkane

their first albums are similar to AT THE GATES. but they pretty much have their own completely unique sound. i cant believe you havent heard of them. they are the shit! and their newest 2 albums are big steps for metal. the guitar solos are A+

Originally posted by Mikael is God
soilwork is not similar to in flames or darkane

their first albums are similar to AT THE GATES. but they pretty much have their own completely unique sound. i cant believe you havent heard of them. they are the shit! and their newest 2 albums are big steps for metal. the guitar solos are A+

that's your opinion an i don't agree with it, Soilwork's speed riffage isn't similar to darkane's riff madness? both bands are technical and speedy on their guitar playing so that's what i meant i didn't mean that soilwork were darkane or in flames clones, all of these bands have different style and aproach to their music.

No, if I was trolling I'd say "fuk u dreamlord dream theater and soilwork fukn rox fag." I'm just sick of you constantly popping up in ANY Soilwork thread with "LOL THEY SUX!!!" Do you do a forum search for Soilwork just so you can troll?

Satori no likey Dream Theater? haha i really am at a loss as to why so many peopel hate them... have they REALLY tried i wonder sometimes? it's not THAT whiney.. i'm not the biggest fan of the singer, but the music underneath is surely some of the best i've ever heard. They are my second favorite band behind Opeth.

Oh and yeah Soilwork is my favorite melodic death band, i fawkin love them

I love soilwork, one of my fav bands. so Im not just advertising my vids here hehe.
If you havent seen it, there is a video of soilwork on bootlegmania that is from the last usa tour, its millionflame.

I am also working on the next soil video at the very moment. speed introduces it as "Its about a stalker" heh. It'll be ready in a couple of days !