FUCK IT ALL MIX !! :@

Mendel

Lag Arkane
Jun 11, 2005
The Netherlands
www.mendelb.com
Last time im really goddamn pissed about this mix.
I just can't seem to get it good sounding and it's like with all my goddamn mixes.

I just can't mix drums that sound full etc.

Listen to this: www.mendelb.com/Demons.mp3

it's a new mix and to me it's just drums mixed, guitars mixed etc.
But not like a complete 1 full nice mix.

What im i doing wrong everytime ? really ?

Listen to the new Chimaira, or Daath's The Hinderers

To me my mixes sound overall Thin. and the bass level of the complete mix is way different that like trivium albums, bullet for, as i lay dying. stuff like that.

Everytime i mix i want to have like a bass range around that area and just can't seem to find it.

I've been mixing no since beginning 2005 ? and everytime i just have this.

my mixes sound like thin ? when i add bass it's like only the low, but not like the reall nice bass of a complete mix.

First time i am really goddamn desperate. I don't know what i am doing good while mixing, fuck i don't know what i am doing wrong.

fuck sake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW MIX UPDATE ( 30th March, 2007 )

www.mendelb.com/B.mp3

I think a big part of it could be the guitars - sounds like 2 tracks, and again, they aren't tight at all with the drums. I'd fix that before doing anything else, it's a problem with all of the songs you've posted.

While not exactly the same, the mix reminds of Decapitated (The Negation), how everything seems seperate...but not in a good way. It's wierd to explain. Sounds like a decent enough mix, but like others are saying, the playing could be tighter.

~e.a

are you cutting low mid frequencies via eq?

if you are, try using a mutli band compressor instead, and be light with it

a lot of people starting out get the impression that you've got to cut 200 hz - 500 hz range eq wise, on everything from kick, bass, and guitar. hell even vocals.

dont cut that shit, cuz mid-range is your friend to a full well balanced mix

and remember, the people you aspire to mix like are professionals who make at least 100,000 dollars for one cd. they are also in the age range of 25 - 35, so they've got lots of experience. dont expect a great mix that you're really proud of until after about 3 years or so. thats how it worked out for me at least... and i still hate my own stuff but its good enough to "fool" everyone else. :p

I used EMG's 81's.
and sorry :D ! but with andy's sneap kick i ment kicks on the record he mixed.
i also blended his mi into this song.

Dude moodbender wtf how did you do that ?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude moodbender wtf how did you do that ?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny, bacause you never know where good tips will come from. Colin's tip concerning some frequency areas he favors. These turn out to be very good. So, it's some EQ and a bit of Saturation. I do almost always cut 2.3K with a narrow notch.

after a moments thought... better or worse?

are you serious ? when you boune the tracks it's more real ?
i should expiriment with it

Yes, bounce the tracks. You have a 36Gb library and you use it like a 100Mb dfh 1st version...
If you bounce the tracks you have all the mic leaks, the ambience, and all the shit....you'll work more on the drums because you have to compress something, limits something else, etc... but it will sound a lot better.