Fuck Metallica

Anesthesia

Just let me die
Jun 28, 2003
Alberta, Canada
Visit site
Hey all, I know this is way off topic in a Katatonia group, but I'm just so fucking pissed about it.... Just before "St. Anger" came out, I remember hearing how all of the magazines and record companies said it was going to be a "return to the heavy days." I rushed out to buy it and spent $15.00. "St. Anger" is so shitty I almost threw out my "Master of Puppets" CD along with it:mad:. It's been around 6 weeks since it came out now and I'm still really pissed about it, so I just wanted to start a "Fuck Metallica" thread for everyone who might agree with me.

It's hardly Metallica's fault if you believe all that the media says. No one's telling you to get the cd before you've listened to it either. Just go sell it.
Oh and it's not very smart being pissed off for 6 weeks over a piece of music either.

Reactions: The old Swede
Yea.....pretty much....fuck MetallicA.
What else can I say?
They lost credibility with me with the whole Naspter thing I actually let Load (which was actually decent) and Reload slide thinking it was a creative sidetrack, but all of that went out the window and don't give a fuck about these guys anymore.
yea fuck 'em!

I just don't understand how the new Metallica is a sellout-record? Sellout just doesn't mean bad record and how I see it, the new album was not too good, but not sellout anyway. There's no actual hitsongs, no ballads, just some hard/heavy rock, that bores me to hell after 1 spin in my cd-player. And by the way, you got it cheap concerning that it also has extra DVD and access to the vault (if you have the digi-version). Pretty much stuff for 15$? I don't like St.Anger too much, cause it's very boring if you try to listen the whole record on a row, but the DVD is good, at least when you drink beer with your buddies, so I'm not that dissapointed.

i stopped listening to metallica before the load album.. i was pissed of by their attitude on mp3 case too.. fuckin businness-metal.. big headed assholes. Old ones was nice though, but what they do now is a shame. I wish all of their albums will be put on net much much before releasing and they fuck themselves. they will be never what they were,

M.Lehto said:
I just don't understand how the new Metallica is a sellout-record? Sellout just doesn't mean bad record and how I see it, the new album was not too good, but not sellout anyway. There's no actual hitsongs, no ballads, just some hard/heavy rock, that bores me to hell after 1 spin in my cd-player. And by the way, you got it cheap concerning that it also has extra DVD and access to the vault (if you have the digi-version). Pretty much stuff for 15$? I don't like St.Anger too much, cause it's very boring if you try to listen the whole record on a row, but the DVD is good, at least when you drink beer with your buddies, so I'm not that dissapointed.

Well i don't know how you view things, but from my perpective this band has been whoring themselves to MTV in promoting their new album via music videos, the Mtv ICON thing, shameless tv commercials advertising the album on MTV, MTV consistently showing Metallica's current tour dates.
Talk about Metallica overload on one TV network. Again in my perspetive thats just hints sellout? Maybe not sure No?

To be absolutely 100% honest, I have no idea whatsoever why anybody cares. Go and look at some hedgehogs somewhere.

faith3.jpg

I agree, St. Anger is an incredibly boring album. In spite of the DVD, which is ok, I can't help but feel that my money have been somewhat wasted. I certainly won't rush out to buy their next album.

Oh wow, a lovely fresh topic, this is what puts the Katatonia board head and shoulders above the rest.

St Anger is a pile of excrement. It was OBVIOUSLY going to be a pile of excrement. But you bought it anyway? And you're blaming Metallica? I'm afraid you're the fool who's following the fool in this instance. Stop moaning about them, if they don't want to play good music anymore then that's their choice. YOU bought the CD! Even after Reload. Are you MAD?! 'tallica' should be taken off the thread-title.

Anyway, just so this thread doesn't sink into the flame-war that every Metallica thread tends to, let's focus on the good points. What's your favourite Metallica song/album? I'd have to say 'Blackened', and '...And Justice For All'.

(Good on you for liking Katatonia btw.)

Guardian of Darkness said:
St Anger is a pile of excrement. It was OBVIOUSLY going to be a pile of excrement. But you bought it anyway? And you're blaming Metallica? I'm afraid you're the fool who's following the fool in this instance.

lol :tickled:

y'know you're absolutely right there... if I had just walked right past the metallica shit that day in the record store and picked up a second copy of "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" instead, I would look like a much smarter human being... and it would have been a much smaller waste of my money. Cheers Guardian of Darkness

As for your question, "Disposable Heroes" and "Master of Puppets"

Percussion sounds really lame on that orange "record" and hell me if Lars doesn't take after old and very tired Anthony Hopkins while playing that live. Lambohollica.

it's funny, the whole album was recording using a cut and paste method, meaning it was one big jam session and they cut and pasted all the music to form songs. hey great idea, that throws out the credibility of actually writing music. To give an example of how washed up and lame the band really is, they can only play two songs off of the album because they don't know how to play the rest,. Christ IT'S THEIR FUCKING ALBUM! and they dont know how to play it, I hope lars dies with a drum stick up his ass

insidethefall said:
it's funny, the whole album was recording using a cut and paste method, meaning it was one big jam session and they cut and pasted all the music to form songs. hey great idea, that throws out the credibility of actually writing music. To give an example of how washed up and lame the band really is, they can only play two songs off of the album because they don't know how to play the rest,. Christ IT'S THEIR FUCKING ALBUM! and they dont know how to play it, I hope lars dies with a drum stick up his ass

Not to defend Metallica, but the Summer Sanitarium tour isn't really the tour to promote St.Whack. Lars said that they are mostly playing old stuff on the current tour. They're gonna tour later by themselves and play more of the new stuff to promote it (i guess o_O ) Whatever :p

insidethefall said:
To give an example of how washed up and lame the band really is, they can only play two songs off of the album because they don't know how to play the rest,. Christ IT'S THEIR FUCKING ALBUM! and they dont know how to play it, I hope lars dies with a drum stick up his ass

If they can't even play the damn album,how did they make the whole bonus dvd? Masked some other ppl as Het & Co.?
Once again,I don't really like St. Anger either,but a lot of people just throw criticism and don't even think for a second before doing so.

I hope they don't play too much of the St. Anger stuff,or at least from the 4 last songs which I can at least listen to,when they come here on the world tour...

On stage they sounded really strangled and panted like.. I couldn't even identify "to whom the bell tolls" or "sanitarium".. Disguises: Anthony Hopkins drums, Strutting-Gorilla Chief bass, Cuckold lead guitar, Uncle Ben guitar and vocals. Eh.. it's so godfuckin' hopeless. After seeing that show I'm traumatized. Can't even listen to elder ones.