"fuck retirement"

cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
100-year-old Briton keeps on working 'to avoid boredom' Fri Sep 1, 10:53 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Britain's oldest worker has enjoyed a day off to celebrate his 100th birthday but explained he would become a "miserable sod" if he ever had to retire for good.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Buster" Martin, a mechanic for a south London plumbing firm who has 17 children and 70 grandchildren and great grandchildren, tried giving up work at the age of 97 but couldn't face the boredom.

"Boredom is a big killer of men," he told the Daily Telegraph. "I went back to work because I like to keep active," adding that if he ever retired he would become "the most miserable sod you have come across."

The centenarian, who grew up in an orphanage and first married when he was 14, joined the Grenadier Guards and served in World War II before switching to the Navy.

In more recent years he worked on London market stalls. He now lives in south London, where one of his few concessions to modern technology is a television.

"I have never in my life owned a phone -- they are a bloody nuisance," he said. "You can be sitting peacefully indoors and they start ringing. I hate them."

Neither is he too keen on foreign holidays. "You are only going to spend a lot of money to go over and do the same things you would do here," he told the daily.

"I am living a holiday here. I wake up every morning and am happy in what I do."
heh, well i guess to each his own eh

So basically this guy is the exact opposite of that other dude who decided not to work because he's in his prime or some shit like that.

Necuratul said:
So basically this guy is the exact opposite of that other dude who decided not to work because he's in his prime or some shit like that.

:lol:

Is anyone here going to be a metalhead still when they're 80?

Guthrum said:
:lol:

Is anyone here going to be a metalhead still when they're 80?
slayer_tom%20araya1.jpg

i think he beat you to it :loco:

cthulufhtagn said:
if you have nothing else to do with your life i guess :err:
heh, there's only so much you can do with your day. I don't plan on ever retiring. Probably will still work a couple days a week as long as the body can take it.

I can see myself in my 40's being a metalhead. But I see myself turning towards more classical work towards senior age. As I already have a good amount of interest in it, but my yearning for testosterone laden thrashtacular splendor has me leaning towards other outlets.

dorian gray said:
heh, there's only so much you can do with your day. I don't plan on ever retiring. Probably will still work a couple days a week as long as the body can take it.

If I had the money, I wouldn't work a day in my life. What the fuck for?!?! Seeing the world > Seeing a shithole office

Hahahaha. One of my friends goals he said was being 90 and having long hair passed his knees, still being a metalhead, and being a complete and total bad ass. Robbing banks and everything. You know people would end up feeling sorry for him, so they wouldn't charge him for anything.

Reign in Acai said:
If I had the money, I wouldn't work a day in my life. What the fuck for?!?! Seeing the world > Seeing a shithole office
Work's what's kept us happy

You're just happy because you're one of those nurses who sit back and ignore the pleas from patients asking for second helpings of "Fresh Point" pantry leftovers. If you actually had to wipe negar asses, and insert catheters in to illuminated urethras, I'm sure your sentiment would differ.

I was quoting Raising Arizona but anyway, my days off can get pretty boring so I sometimes look forward to going to work. It's not like I'm young and single like you fags and can just drive off into the desert [/nad]. And my day-off routine (excluding baby care) of reading, watching movies, and exercising is getting a tad stale.