Just got into an accident FUCK

Well if he doesnt have car insurance you should be covered by your insurance, if they dont you can still sue your insurance company. Hire a lawyer. A good possibility is to check and see who owned the car, most of the time those my pals will be driving a friends or their moms car, and that friend may have insurance and you can sue them. Of course the insurance company will never fully compensate you for your injury, especially if you need threapy and shit- they will contest every bill etc.

Friday night I was at a biergarten called Mecklenberg Gardens that is in sort of a ghetto, anyway when I go to leave at midnight and found that some my pals threw a rock through my window. The fucks didnt even try to steal anything, and even worse my car fits into the ghetto, there were far nicer cars parked next to me on the street.

OK, first of all, you two being OK is the most important thing. You can't replace people.

Second, with Summer being a claims adjuster for a year at Allstate, I learned a few things. (keep in mind these things apply to Texas, so other states may have other laws)

1. When you are in an accident that is not your fault, make sure you and your passengers are 100% fine, if not, get an ambulance there, as that ambulance ride (which usually costs $500) is free.

2. Like Speed said, you should have uninsured motorist coverage, which pays you for the damages since the other guy doesn't have insurance. If he is uninsured, your company will then sue the guy to get the money back.

3. Never, never, never hit a car full of black people. They will all claim injury even if you simply scratched a side mirror (yes, this is a generalization)

4. If you are hit, and you need some quick money, claim minor injuries and the other person's company will pay you a couple hundred dollars just to make you go away. (this is very assholish)

5. Never threaten or try to sue an insurance company. It is pointless, as they simply laugh at you. You will spend more money on attorney fees than will be rewarded to you.

6. After a wreck, do not yell at the other person's claim adjuster. This does nothing but make them mad, and in turn, your check gets smaller.

7. Get upside-down insurance. I forgot what it is called. In other words, if you wreck your car, and you owe more than the car is worth, and you don't have this insurance, you're up shit creek. Not only will you have to buy a new car, but you'll still have to pay for the undriveable car.

Not sure if any of you are familiar with Louisiana's insurance law, but it is brilliant. In short, when two people have a car accident, if one of them does not have car insurance, then that individual (w/out insurance) has to pay for both cars whether it was his fault or not

I'm sure there is more to it, but that's the gist of it. Tha law is in place as a deterrent for not having car insurance.

yeah for you to sue the insurance company is the last resort, as I said you will have a difficult time getting anyhting out of them, but it maybe your last resort, and they will settle after 2 or 3 years. I used to clerk in a personal injury law office. Some sick shit happens.

damn. glad y'all are ok and that ya get a nice new shiny BEETCHIN car!
my mom was hit from behind once on the highway. she was at the back of some stopped traffic on the highway. and some mexican guy was going like 70 in the fourth lane on the right which ENDS but he didn't realize that. then when his lane went away he couldn't do anything but plow right into the back of my mom's car. the car was totaled but she was ok. 'kin stupid drivers. good luck to y'all :tickled:

I have decent healthcare, but I pay for it.

ELIMINATE THE ESTATE TAX! IT'S NOT FAIR FOR UBER-RICH KIDS TO HAVE TO GIVE UP A SMALL CHUNK OF THEIR DADDY'S WILL AND ONLY BUY 6 BENTLEYS INSTEAD OF 7 THIS YEAR!!!

Erik said:
Hohoho, am I ever fucking glad I live in a country with decent healthcare
Well, that $500 would go against your insurance (or the person that caused the wreck).

American healthcare if probably the best in the world........if you can afford it. The trick of the trade is this: Don't get hurt or sick.

Erik said:
Paying for healthcare seems totally gay to me
'

It is. Did you know that America is one of the last "civilized" countries in the world without a universal healthcare system? And you wanna know why? Because Americans are so ingrained with "taxation=OMG wurst thing evar".

Nevermind that if we were taxed more, we'd get more out of it. But oh no, Dubya gave us all tax breaks which helped the economy, right? Uh, no. That $300 extra I got from the gov't went to pay for those high gas prices that is currently making Dick Cheney a fucking billionaire.

The company I work for just gave me a raise back in JUly, but guess what, they are also increasing the amount of money taken out of my check to pay for rising healthcare costs. So guess what? That raise means shit now.

I didn't get that $300. I think it just sucks that 80% of Americans (the middle class) gets regularly screwed. Oh well, at least we'll get a kickass revolution if / when W gets re-elected this November.

One Inch Man said:
I didn't get that $300. I think it just sucks that 80% of Americans (the middle class) gets regularly screwed. Oh well, at least we'll get a kickass revolution if / when W gets re-elected this November.
That is wishful thinking considering 99% of our population here in the USA are totaly hypnotized by the media and subconsciously subdued. They are totally ignorant to it.

Thanks for the kind words guys n' gals. We just found out today that the kid has insurance through Prudential. The car is being towed to the shop tomorrow and my gf has a rental car for the time being.

Come to find out that the kid has only minor bruises and lacerations. Don't ask me how he isn't royally FUCKED UP. I got his name and his address, I just got to do a little thinking first.

Well Doomcifer dont go attacking the guy, it seems with the accident he is good at needlessly hurting himself. And with black on black violence, one can only hope it will affect him. Sorry for the overtly racist mood, but i am feeling quite justified in my racism the last few days.