Fuck modern society... and drugs

So have you been to Bangkok and Bali? I was just wondering. And I am guessing you are a brit as well.

The Aussies are at least somewhat friendly and inclusionary, but still only interrested in partying.

speed said:
So have you been to Bangkok and Bali? I was just wondering. And I am guessing you are a brit as well.
Yeah, I'm a Brit. Haven't been to either Bangkok or Bali, but I know tonnes of people who have. Chief B, a friend of mine and one of our writers, lived there for 3 years recently. Plus my sister lives in Hong Kong and she's got a house in Phuket.

The Aussies are at least somewhat friendly and inclusionary, but still only interrested in partying.
Only the ones you see abroad though. Same with the Brits really. If you go to the UK or Australia, then of course you get a wider variety of those animals. But yeah, the Aussies are VERY inclusionary and genuinely quite nice in general. The Brits are the most closed off bastards in the world if you don't know anyone, but when you do get into the crowd, they'll be your friends for life.

So, what does your sister have to say about the Chinese government these days?

Yeah I suppose my opinion is based on brits on vacation. Ive yet to make it to The british Isles- but I have been throughout most of europe.

You're right about the Aussies and Bali, Jay. I live about 2 hours flight from Bali, so I've been there a few times. But the place has been totaly fucked up by Aussies, all of whom just go over there for a good excuse to get realy drunk, get a few geniune (traditional) suveniers for very fucking cheap, and live like a king for a week, at the expense of the people of Bali. It's disgracefull. Well, this was before the bombing anyway. The place is a lot quieter now. But the bombing was a long time coming... they needed something to prove to the tourists that they werent going to put up with their shit.

JayKeeley said:
The Brits are the most closed off bastards in the world if you don't know anyone, but when you do get into the crowd, they'll be your friends for life.
My god, I think you've just nailed what I've known subconsciously for years! :D So true!

This drug culture makes me sick. I've lost count of how many good mates I've had who were once nice people, but then got into pot and into the closed circle of potheads who spend every waking hour looking for corners to pull shotties in, and then onto ecstacy and fried their brains. It's wierd meeting an acquientence you haven't seen for years who nows gibbers at you like a monkey. Equally annoying are the little gromits who, instead of taking ecstacy, whine about how misunderstood pot is and how much stick they get. Dumbfucks.

As for your burberry-wearing swills roaming the clubs at night and spouting toss during the day - fuck 'em. They're a caste of their own, undesireable scum.

I'll be all up for the day when all druggies and dealers are shot and their bodies are strung up in public. I will :wave: at them :)

Damn Ayeka, thats like a nancy reagan drug stance.

Yeah, I think alot of the problem as you said Decadent, is that these british and I suppose Aussies get those really fucking cheap package tours, where all they do is drink, fight, and get high. They dont spend a dime at the place where they are except for the clubs. Everyone hates them.

I want to visit Bali someday, their native music and dance is incredible. I didn't know it was a real tourist trap place for the techno/club culture.
speed said:
Damn Ayeka, thats like a nancy reagan drug stance.
:lol: x56.3

I think Ayeka's stance is fucking ignorant. There are plenty of us (users of marijuana) who function perfectly fine and are content with that alone. Your generalization frankly makes me :mad: .

I think idiots should be lined up and fucking shot, as they are the problem. And that goes for every category and sub-category of people you can throw at me. Unfortunately, right now, with those opinions you expressed, that would include you. :cry:

My cousin was there when the bomb went off. He was at the place 10 minutes before the bomb went off.
Oh and on-topic: Fuck drugs except alcohol. (Expects posts saying that pot isn't worse than alcohol, then ignores them because noone will be able to argue with me about it and convince me, so don't even try).

To touch that one slightly: I've seen how pot rots people's brains. Make the reason whatever you want, but most people who drink alcohol are less braindamaged than most potsmokers.

I've seen how pot rots people's brains.
Me too, I have known and know some people who casually smoke pot and some that do daily and the word "burnout" definetelly applies to them.
They are functioning OK and all lead pretty normal lives, but they sure have fried quite a few brain cells over the years. :D

Big deal, brain cells regenerate after time. Besides, there are plenty who have full use of their brain cells and they're no better than me. I'd rather someone's brain cells die than a family of 5 by some schmuck who's had a few to drink..

To go to Extremes:
Weed= munchies, listen to music, create, sleep. :Smug:

Alcohol= more alcohol, get obnoxious, vomit, pass out, headache next day. :ill:

I'm not an advocate of any drugs, but surely over consumption of ANYTHING is bad for you. Some of the logic expressed here falls along the lines of "pot is really bad, so I better just stick to alcohol instead". I've never understood why it has to be one over the other?

How about we as a country stop this drug war? To attack the supply of drugs, only pushes up their price, forcing addicts to turn to robbery, young blacks turn to dealing, etc. And worse of all, I cannot buy drugs cheaply.

I agree with you again Mr Keeley, nothing is good in overconsumption. However, my tolerance for alcohol is so high, I have been drunk like once in the last three months. And I used to be a fervent devotee to the sweat leaf, but now just hops and barley. However, I drank even more when I was a pothead. And yes, my memory hasnt been the same since.

Papa Josh said:
I think Ayeka's stance is fucking ignorant. There are plenty of us (users of marijuana) who function perfectly fine and are content with that alone. Your generalization frankly makes me :mad: .

I think idiots should be lined up and fucking shot, as they are the problem. And that goes for every category and sub-category of people you can throw at me. Unfortunately, right now, with those opinions you expressed, that would include you. :cry:
I've yet to meet any of these people, unless you count the ones who have a puff, like, once a fortnight and try and throw themselves into the stoner crowd so they feel included in something. It's not really ignorant - do you want me to list all the people I cite?