FUCKING NILE

Damian B

¯\(°_o)/¯
Nov 8, 2007
NC, USA
I just saw Nile, The Faceless, Unexpect and Warbringer last night in Charlotte, NC.

OMFG NILE IS SOOOO GOOD LIVE!!!!

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

Yeah the show was great, and the sound was really good for all of the bands except Unexpect. That's kind of understandable I guess, considering they have like 9 members, but oh well...

Anyone else seen Nile live?

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

I actually thought Nile was a bit on the lame side live, though that was more because of how they looked (Karl doing a million things at once and being really fat, and Dallas with his baldness and a really awkward looking picking technique) - then again, this was right after Behemoth, the most evil-looking motherfuckers I've ever seen who can definitely back up their image with amazing tightness and the aforementioned evil. I like Nile's music a lot, but European metal triumphs once again over American!

I actually thought Nile was a bit on the lame side live, though that was more because of how they looked (Karl doing a million things at once and being really fat, and Dallas with his baldness and a really awkward looking picking technique) - then again, this was right after Behemoth, the most evil-looking motherfuckers I've ever seen who can definitely back up their image with amazing tightness and the aforementioned evil. I like Nile's music a lot, but European metal triumphs once again over American!

+1

I got bored with Behemoth after the 2nd song, same with Nile. Amazing musicians, but it gets way too repetitive for me.

When Nile visited Oz last year they were quite boring IMO and the sound was quite hurtfull. Too many high mids and WAY too loud.

+1 The gig was ruined for me, and I don't believe I've been to another since. When I buy tickets down here I feel like I'm gambling with my money, because even if the band do kick arse live, there's no guarantee that the shithead doing sound won't screw our ability to enjoy it.

I can't remember much of Nile's set on the whole, apart from my legs hurting a lot. I think that really implies that it wasn't overly memorable. Had nothing on the Evergrey gig a few weeks or months prior.

nile is pretty crushing in small club live. then again, I think all music should be viewed in a small club, not some huge venue.

back in '99 or so when I saw them, they wheeled out this huge desk with full-sized PC with an old school monitor that they were apparently only using for providing samples. I'm thinking "um, perhaps a laptop or boss sampler is in order." maybe they were trying to record their own set, I dunno, but it looked pretty funny.

I loved nile when they played at the gaelic club Sydney, i don't know if the mix was crap i wasn't there to 'rate their mix', + i was half smashed and just :kickass: the whole time. It's not often i do that at gigs anymore, but i'm a big fan of nile.

I just wish they played ramses bringer of war, oh well.

"You BET I can't play this" with Karl Sanders:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KhNAwWQXkq8[/ame]

Although he is a great musician, if we dont look at his technique. I have been hearing some songs from Saurian Meditation (calm egyptian non-metal songs, sanders side project). And man this is some awesome stuff he got there.

back in '99 or so when I saw them, they wheeled out this huge desk with full-sized PC with an old school monitor that they were apparently only using for providing samples. I'm thinking "um, perhaps a laptop or boss sampler is in order." maybe they were trying to record their own set, I dunno, but it looked pretty funny.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa, god does that fit my image of them when I saw them live - a bunch of semi-nerdy guys who definitely don't have the image to back up their evil music. :lol: But at least they were more discrete about where the samples were coming from (it looked like Sanders was triggering them with his guitar)

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa, god does that fit my image of them when I saw them live - a bunch of semi-nerdy guys who definitely don't have the image to back up their evil music. :lol: But at least they were more discrete about where the samples were coming from (it looked like Sanders was triggering them with his guitar)

Why do you care so much about image?

Half the guys can't play their own "Betcha can't play this" things. Did you see the Trivium one? Oh my god they're almost as bad as Sanders! A couple guys can play pretty cool stuff (Loomis for example) but some of them are just awful. Is Jason Suecof playing all Trivium's solos or what?

I saw them in Charleston, SC on this tour. WarBringer was good, Unexpect, Faceless were crap.

Nile was awesome but the sound guy must have fucked up. Their volume was MUCH higher than the previous bands and made it all sound like a loud ROAAARRR. Dallas looked like a real-life Krusty the Clown.
Good show (especially for $15).

Half the guys can't play their own "Betcha can't play this" things. Did you see the Trivium one? Oh my god they're almost as bad as Sanders! A couple guys can play pretty cool stuff (Loomis for example) but some of them are just awful. Is Jason Suecof playing all Trivium's solos or what?

Its also funny what he says after he plays.. Like "When you get the clicky thing going...".

heh, as a guitarist, Sanders only excels at whammy abuse