Fucking Schecter!!! Went to Intonate my Diamond Series and Bridge a Bit Too Close!!

Dec 16, 2010
Fucking Schecter!!! I've had my Schector Diamond Series guitar for 4 years now, and just tuned up and played, Now that I want to do sone recordings with it, I went to intonate it, and the bridge is a bit too close to the nut!!
I've already maxed out the saddles!

Any ideas on gow to fix this?

Hellraisers are nicely made, but I never thought the 707s sounded that hot in them.

Also, I ran just ran out of saddle space when I tried to intonate my Hellraiser to A standard. I was so damned close too, just needed a tiny fraction of extra room,but it was a no go.

If the diamond you have is like mine, it has a 10mm bridge. It means that the saddle's movement is limited. You can solve the problem changing the bridge for a 13mm one so the saddles have an extra space to move.
In fact every Schecter, Esp and Ltd nowadays mount a 13mm bridge.
Here is the bridge you need:
1511_1spec.gif

hellraisers are diamond series

Da fuck? I dunno, I just remember having some Catalogue about the Diamond series instruments and they were all the low end ones with no name pickups, cheap hardware etc.
I assumed the Hellraisers were something else because they're a big step above hardware/electronics wise and are made in South Korea.
Ah well, my bad

if you moved the sadles to the max and it's still not OK
then the "space" between the brindge and the nut must be wrong...

they have all the ultra accurate CNC technics and stuff
and are not able to make correct drill holes for the fucking bridge, WTF!?

Da fuck? I dunno, I just remember having some Catalogue about the Diamond series instruments and they were all the low end ones with no name pickups, cheap hardware etc.

You're thinking of the Damien/Omen models ;).

All non-US models fall under the 'Diamond Series' moniker.

And Soultrash, it has nothing to do with incorrect machining - I'm willing to bet this guy is using huge strings or tuning down, and got stuck with the older, 10mm bridge (fits on the same posts/holes as the 13mm bridge).

and i'm pretty sure they arent made in korea anymore.

they moved production to indonesia for a while, then to china. my schecter bass in a high end one and it's chinese. as is my friends new ltd ec256 (same factory)

Oh shit, I just went into the other room, looked at my Hellraiser C-7's headstock and it says "Diamond Series" on it. Doh :lol:
Mine's a South Korean manufactured model, with the EMG 707s. I'm guessing once they moved over to China, they also changed the pickups to 707TWs.

no they did that when they went to indonesia. ive had an indonesian hellraiser with a floyd and a korean hellraiser with string thru

^Ah, fair enough. Well that just about covers the basics of recent Schecter history for me =P

13mm bridge!!!
Anyway, I have an old C1 Elite...it's a Diamond series and it's awesome. It weights more than a new Blackjack 7 strings.
Diamond series is not the cheap/crappy line...that's the Damien/Omen...Blackjack and Hellraiser are Diamonds

You're right JeffTD, I am using Ernie Ball - Not Even Slinky's with drop C and D tunings, and half step down general tuning.

Thanks, Xes Should I have Guitar Center order the 13mm bridge for me, or should I go straight thru Schector.

Also, I was thinking about straightnig the neck (via truss rod), too see if that will fix the prob, athough my guitar neck doesn't look too bowed to me.

Schecter - The Poor Man's Paul Reed Smith (there goes my endorsment deal!!)

And Soultrash, it has nothing to do with incorrect machining - I'm willing to bet this guy is using huge strings or tuning down, and got stuck with the older, 10mm bridge (fits on the same posts/holes as the 13mm bridge).

could you explain this a little bit further? :)

do you mean that the drillholes are correct
but due to the strings and the tuning of the guitar
the curvature of the neck is affected that strong that
the space between the bridge and the saddle changes drastically
so that you can't get the guitar completely in tune with a standard bridge?

i am having a similar problem atm and it feels like i had to move
the complete bridge (not possible of course :D) to get the guitar
sound right.

cheers
S.

could you explain this a little bit further? :)

do you mean that the drillholes are correct
but due to the strings and the tuning of the guitar
the curvature of the neck is affected that strong that
the space between the bridge and the saddle changes drastically
so that you can't get the guitar completely in tune with a standard bridge?

i am having a similar problem atm and it feels like i had to move
the complete bridge (not possible of course :D) to get the guitar
sound right.

cheers
S.

Not quite - the bridge is drilled correctly, but the old bridges had a smaller width (thus a smaller range for intonation adjustment) than the newer bridges.

13mm bridge!!!
Anyway, I have an old C1 Elite...it's a Diamond series and it's awesome. It weights more than a new Blackjack 7 strings.
Diamond series is not the cheap/crappy line...that's the Damien/Omen...Blackjack and Hellraiser are Diamonds

Those C1 Elites are the tits. I almost picked that one up when I was looking at the C1 30th. I sometimes wish I'd forked out for both. The quality of Schecter 5-6 years ago was NOTHING like it is now.

Is yours an orange one? If you ever want to sell it....

the bridge is drilled correctly, but the old bridges had a smaller width (thus a smaller range for intonation adjustment) than the newer bridges.

i got this but what i meant is...in this case, why are the
holes not drilled differently to compensate the whole thing,
so that only tiny adjustments are required, or is this jus not
possible due to the strings and the tuning of the guitar
which affect curvature of the neck and the scale.

when people are designing guitars,
do they think about that the scale will change when strings
are put on, i guess they don't :lol:

cheers
S.