Fucking writer's block

I still like Anathema... but that's just me.

Oh, and being depressed over a breakup or just the uselessness of life in general doesn't help in inspiring to do anything. It just makes you feel lethargic and want to die... or at least it does for me.

I say read a good book or walk around in the forest to feel inspired.

um, my suggestions:

1. put down the guitar for a day, or two, or three, then come back to it. even if you feel a drive to pick it up and get going, just don't play for a little while and you'll come back to it with your mind a little fresher.

2. if that doesn't work, play different stuff than what you're trying to write. if you keep playing blues scales, whip out an ac/dc album and just wail :D , or dig out your acoustic and play some fingerstyle stuff...don't worry about writing yet, just play other stuff to help approach it from a different perspective.

3. somebody else mentioned it, but read, or watch a movie, or take a hike (and maybe bring an acoustic with you). anything to get inspired.

good luck :cool:

nobody said anything about breaking up with a girl to write good music. just I think being in a relationship usually helps to be more emotional and creative ... at least for me. I need to be pushed around.

hope the next Nasheim release will not be called "No Load" :loco:

I've heard about a technique, to use for writer's block, in which you write stuff in the vein of your influences, and that will supposedly help spur your own ideas and creativity. I've never tried this myself. But, maybe that will help you?

I suppose that's sort of true. I have often gone into the process after listening to Vintersorg's entire discography and come out with some neeeeat stuff.

I overcome writer's block by trying other styles of music, maybe exploring other aspects of my creativity. When I get bored, I come back and oh shit is the metal good.

Do something with those blues scales. Write a punk-ass 70's rock tune, and then try some cheesy 80's pentatonic shit until your integrity comes back, kicks you in the arse, and the Norse juices get flowing again like an ever flowing stream. :)