Fun with Metal!

Well it's working fine for my parents. So I really don't know what the issue is. We've been having slow internet for weeks. They reset their router. And their speed is fine now. I did a speed test and mine was still way below normal. So I rebooted my laptop and then everything went to shit. It wouldn't connect to anything.

I think the whole world is suffering slow internet in the last few week. It's bloody Putin's fault I'm sure of it.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
In WinBlows there is a setting called "reset this PC" in the Updates and Security section. It takes time but it works really well and you have the option to reset from factory or reset without deleting anything. I've used it quite a few times and it's a good way to get things back to factory settings without loosing information. Some programs will need re-installing, like Firefox etc but if you back up those bookmarks etc then installing is easy.
Sweet. Thanks. I'll show it to my dad. He's my translator lol

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah me too. I bought Norton for a year because my free avg quarantined something that could either have been from the Russians via Youtube (which is why I haven't posted anything from them much) or it could simply be that something from Friefox/Mozzilla that security misinterprets as dangerous even though it's not. Something about new settings. So far Norton has come up with nothing.

Slammed is busy sleeping his half hour for the day. :p

Kapservky (or whatever they call it) has been flagged as dangerous by a lot of companies because their offices are in Russia, that's not to say it's buggy or anything but with the current climate there isn't a lot of trust for anything Russian. To be safe you really need to run multiple things, programs like Superantispyware, and Malware bytes, both in free options help find bugs that others don't.

Excuse me, my dad was here and we were talking about solar panels and how to save the world one panel at time :p

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Kapservky (or whatever they call it) has been flagged as dangerous by a lot of companies because their offices are in Russia, that's not to say it's buggy or anything but with the current climate there isn't a lot of trust for anything Russian. To be safe you really need to run multiple things, programs like Superantispyware, and Malware bytes, both in free options help find bugs that others don't.

Excuse me, my dad was here and we were talking about solar panels and how to save the world one panel at time :p
Yeah I've got a few running. I just disabled Malwarebytes though because it was blocking a site that had never been blocked before, and none of the other ones were picking it up. I ran a scan with Norton and it was clean. Then I ran a scan with AVG and it sent my Nortons screaming. Was it just perceiving AVG as an attack? I know a lot of the security apps want you to uninstall the other ones. but Norton had a skip for that where the others didn't. Plus I asked Norton (when their shit was crashing on me!) if AVG was a problem and they said no, I could use it. But that scan really set it off.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Yeah I've got a few running. I just disabled Malwarebytes though because it was blocking a site that had never been blocked before, and none of the other ones were picking it up. I ran a scan with Norton and it was clean. Then I ran a scan with AVG and it sent my Nortons screaming. Was it just perceiving AVG as an attack? I know a lot of the security apps want you to uninstall the other ones. but Norton had a skip for that where the others didn't. Plus I asked Norton (when their shit was crashing on me!) if AVG was a problem and they said no, I could use it. But that scan really set it off.

It annoys me that so many security programs refuse to accept other security programs being on your computer. As much as I hate to admit it WinBlows Defender is nearly as good as any commercial software out there.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune