Fun with Metal!

Give me a chance I can come up with weirder. I've been up since 4am so my daughter could do the school captain thing and represent her school for Anzac Day (Aust/NZ's national day of remembrance for war veterans and those currently serving). Usually it's a big affair and the school captain lays a wreath at the cenotaph, but today because of Covid we had to stand in our driveways. But the guy across the road is a veteran and him and one of the guys he served with set up their flags, candles etc and played the service through the car radio. We all stood at a distance, and did the service, remembered the fallen and those still serving and the TV cameras recorded it all.

I've been awake nearly 8 hours already and I'm buggered, so if you want weird I can do :)

Reactions: redfly
I gotta go out this afternoon :( No rest for the wicked....or stupid.

Yeah it's the first time my daughter has done it, it should have been a bigger affair but stupid Covid. Still she got to wear her great grand father's medals and she got to spend one on one time with a couple of veterans so that was good.

OH no!! you mean I have to do this forever? :p

Yeah she enjoyed it, she'd really been looking forward to it before this isolation stuff. I'm really glad she thought enough about it to want to do it when isolation rules were going to stop it.

One really needs to pick the right person, you can go given evilness to people who would abuse the power!

Usually our Anzac day is marches all over the country to a cenotaph at dawn where people stand and listen to a service, then there is huge marches in the city that take hours and have military groups from every war, then all the old timers go to the pub at tell tall tales about days gone by and reminisce about mates they've lost. It's a public holiday throughout the country. This year there was almost no services and people were asked to light a candle at the end of their driveway. Some small groups formed but most respected the new rules and stayed apart however only complete arseholes where not going to give the servicemen their day. As many say it didn't replace what Anzac day should be but it was none the less amazing to see the support they got.

Hey, if Marty and Dave can't get together and make music because of whatever water is under the bridge, maybe they could they do it now like others are doing. We can't get Nick on drums but surely they could do an internet thing like SOD and give us a treat of old RIP songs.

Hey, if Marty and Dave can't get together and make music because of whatever water is under the bridge, maybe they could they do it now like others are doing. We can't get Nick on drums but surely they could do an internet thing like SOD and give us a treat of old RIP songs.
That would be great.

Reactions: Slammed
That would be a treat for sure!

Reactions: Slammed
I saw that the other day with a caption of something like "Guess who?"
I'm not 100% certain who is now (and I wont hunt FB for the answer), but I'm thinking it's a guy who likes cats.