Fun with Metal!

Dammit! If only I'd had Peach Crown Royals....

....I wouldn't have to hide from my wife when I make such comments :)

Reactions: redfly
For some reason the below quote and reply was not posted, it was just sitting in the reply box.

Holy shit! What did I tell you about saying it's name?! It's like you want the end of the universe!

I like to live dangerously.
I'm hoping Charlie reads this forum (like that's possible) and sees that we are fans of his covers and collaborations. It might get him off his butt and he might actually do something meaningless, only to realise it's shit and he has to go back to his roots.....short term pain for long term gain...and Charlie and Scott are definitely playing the long game!

For some reason the below quote and reply was not posted, it was just sitting in the reply box.

I like to live dangerously.
I'm hoping Charlie reads this forum (like that's possible) and sees that we are fans of his covers and collaborations. It might get him off his butt and he might actually do something meaningless, only to realise it's shit and he has to go back to his roots.....short term pain for long term gain...and Charlie and Scott are definitely playing the long game!
Everyone remember to thank Slammed when the blood and fire is pouring down from the sky! :p

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
FARK! I hate that singer. He's fucking terrible in every way. Sepultura went down hill after the brothers decided to go tribal, but after they quit and this idiot took over Andreas forgot how to write decent music and Derrek's singing is fucking boring, tuneless and uninteresting.
But Devy's guitar looks pretty cool.
I actualy posted it because of the picture. I thought Dev was going to be doing all the vocals. His part sounded pretty cool and damn did he learn some shit from Vai or what?
I liked the song overall. But yeah I'm not crazy about the singer, but I'm not invested enough in Sepultura to hate him either.
Gotta love how at the end of the video he says join our (PAID) youtube channel! Lmao! Fucking what?!

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
I actualy posted it because of the picture. I thought Dev was going to be doing all the vocals. His part sounded pretty cool and damn did he learn some shit from Vai or what?
I liked the song overall. But yeah I'm not crazy about the singer, but I'm not invested enough in Sepultura to hate him either.
Gotta love how at the end of the video he says join our (PAID) youtube channel! Lmao! Fucking what?!

Dev did sound pretty cool, but I want that guitar and I can't even play one!

I listened to the entire Seps collection on Spotify a few weeks back (for another band ranking thread) and sure their early stuff is as good as any thrash coming out in the 80's and after Arise they were shit. It's easy to hang shit on Andreas, he's really not as bad as the shit he gets, he just hasn't written too many great songs since the brothers left. But Derek is the equivalent of getting the original singer of Pantera to sing Walk or Fucking Hostile.

I'd love to know how much money Devy has made from his subscribe events in lockdown. He's a funny guy with money. He spent a ridiculous amount on producing one of his albums which was something stupid like 4 times what the label offered him. Yet as soon as he is in lockdown money's a huge issue to him and he wants to charge for everything.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah that guitar is pretty sweet!

Ouch that's a pretty bad comparison! I don't know how they passed on Chuck Billy and got Derrick. Dumb fucking move, although I'm obviously glad they did.

Devy is all over the map lol....sounds like he owes the label a bunch and is recouping it from youtube.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah that guitar is pretty sweet!

Ouch that's a pretty bad comparison! I don't know how they passed on Chuck Billy and got Derrick. Dumb fucking move, although I'm obviously glad they did.

Devy is all over the map lol....sounds like he owes the label a bunch and is recouping it from youtube.

Devy is all about light up guitars now, he's a show pony :)

I think they could have had anyone but Derek. Although I also think Andreas wanted to go with a relatively unknown person. Andreas is a bit of an egotists and he has always considered the band his despite Max and Igor actually starting it. I think putting an unknown in gave him more accolades as the 'surviving member' who took the band from it's worst back to it's best. Only like Skid Row they've never been able to replace what they had after getting rid of the singer. I think Chuck would have been too powerful for them, he'd have had to teach Andreas how to write more powerful songs :)

I would have thought that if Devy could have afforded to spend his own money on recording he'd have been doing okay money wise, but he really does act like he's one meal away from the poverty line sometimes.

Lol show boating son of a bitch.

That's an interesting take on Andreas and Chuck and Ii do not dispute it! Chuck is another level!

He came off as very naïve and a bit whiny/ungrateful when he talked about the VAI days. And kind of cunty talking about SYL. I'm sure he's a good dude, he seems cool overall. But also kind of nutty. He cries poverty but I bet he's got a pretty nice house and studio stuff.

Reactions: Slammed