Funky Picture

Wheezer

Apr 18, 2005
Colorado
I was checking out a few of my pictures and came across this one:

DSCN2950.jpg

I swear I didn't do anything to it. At least I don't think I did. It was from Prog Power IV and I was a total newbie to taking pics with my camera. Not that I'm much better now, but I'm working on it. :) Kinda artsy or something.

Indeed is a great pic. Do you used digital or analog camera? Obviously was an inflection of the light upon the lens but the effect came out nicely.

We will have to take a lot in PPVII ;)

NP: Iced Earth - 'Damien'

Wyvern said:
Indeed is a great pic. Do you used digital or analog camera? Obviously was an inflection of the light upon the lens but the effect came out nicely.

We will have to take a lot in PPVII ;)

It was a digital camera. I'm wondering if I didn't set a long exposure time for that one. I was trying all sorts of things to try and get good pics in the low light.

We'll definitely take lots of pics! :headbang: :kickass:

Wheezer said:
It was a digital camera. I'm wondering if I didn't set a long exposure time for that one.

Never thought on that on a digital camera, of course it does have a shutter but for some reason I associate long exposure with conventional film.

If I get a digital camera on that trip I may have to expriment a lot too :)

NP: Judas Priest - 'Judas Rising'

Hawk said:
Now that is an excellent idea. This picture would be great for that. Very nice Weezer

Thanks Buddy! Yeah, that is an excellent idea for it. I just wish I knew how I did it. o_O

Nemesis_lxix said:
I hade a friend who took pictures of a Scorpions concert and then he accidentally used the same roll of film in a trip he went to the country so in the end he had pictures of forests and mountains with the ghost of Klaus Maine singing in the middle.It was better than any photoshop I have seen :lol:

:lol: :lol: Wow! What are the chances? He's got some really cool souvenirs from the trip.

Wyvern said:
Never thought on that on a digital camera, of course it does have a shutter but for some reason I associate long exposure with conventional film.

If I get a digital camera on that trip I may have to expriment a lot too :)

Mine's got exposure times up to 8 seconds, in incremements -- 1, 2, 4, 8 -- and then much finer in the fractional down to 1/500th of a second. It's a Nikon Coolpix 950. It's only a 2.something megapixel and I've had it for about four years now. I'm thinking of getting another one with more zoom and more megapixels.

I think it's all about just taking a crapload of pictures and trying different things. Concerts have got to be the toughest thing to shoot thanks to the combination of low light, lots of action.

Wheezer said:
I was checking out a few of my pictures and came across this one:

I swear I didn't do anything to it. At least I don't think I did. It was from Prog Power IV and I was a total newbie to taking pics with my camera. Not that I'm much better now, but I'm working on it. :) Kinda artsy or something.

Yep that is cool. Would make a cool album cover. You don't see a pix like that much.

I have taken a bunch of pix and got really lucky a handful of times. I think this one is the best. I did crop this, add a border and some text, but nothing else. The rest was lucky stage lighting.
redtad.jpg

Bryant

Wheezer said:
Mine's got exposure times up to 8 seconds, in incremements -- 1, 2, 4, 8 -- and then much finer in the fractional down to 1/500th of a second. It's a Nikon Coolpix 950. It's only a 2.something megapixel and I've had it for about four years now. I'm thinking of getting another one with more zoom and more megapixels.

I think it's all about just taking a crapload of pictures and trying different things. Concerts have got to be the toughest thing to shoot thanks to the combination of low light, lots of action.

I'm looking for a new camera as well. One that is high quality, but no video capture..... for PPVII

Bryant

Bryant said:
I'm looking for a new camera as well. One that is high quality, but no video capture..... for PPVII

Bryant

Same here I'm not interested in video, but I want the best possible resolution in the picture at an affordable price.

Bryant said:
I have taken a bunch of pix and got really lucky a handful of times. I think this one is the best. I did crop this, add a border and some text, but nothing else. The rest was lucky stage lighting.

Cool picture. I get a kick out of futzing around with that stuff too. I always take a bunch of pictures hoping to get lucky. Someday I might get myself trained enough to get lucky more often. :lol:

Bryant said:

Now how would you know so much about what is allowed at PP? :lol:

I've been looking seriously at the newer Kodaks. They have a 12X zoom with image stabilization and a bigger lens. I'm hoping a bigger lens would help with low light shots. The one thing I don't care for with the Kodaks is that they tend to be a little too proprietary with the batteries. Fortunately they don't do that with the memory. The one I'm looking at takes video as well so it would be out for PP. :erk: I'm still looking...

Bryant said:
Cameras capable of taking more than 30 seconds of video are not allowed at Prog Power USA. :cry:

I know, moreover a reason to dismiss video capabilities and look for better pic resolution.

In anycase my reliable Pentax 35 mm will go to Atlanta

NP: Benedictum - 'Misogyny'

Wyvern said:
I know, moreover a reason to dismiss video capabilities and look for better pic resolution.

In anycase my reliable Pentax 35 mm will go to Atlanta

I'm having a terrible time trying to find a digital that doesn't have video capability. Typical. They're trying to make a product that's a little of everything instead of just focusing on one important thing. :erk: