fuzzy old school high gain thickness (guess the amp?)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
this again is a tone that most people on this board won't like too much....
but I think it'd work damn well for some old schoolish bands....

Gibson Flying V->Tubescreamer (knobs on 12:00)->Amp->Mesa Recto 4x12->single sm57

it might have worked even better with an md421

guys, believe me it's so much fun experimenting with different styles of guitar tones...even though most bands nowadays want the same sound over and over again....do it for yourselves ;)

Sounds like a Recto to me, all that grainy high end.

If not then possibly an Engl of some sort.

EDIT: if its not then its the Earforce :p If not the ear force and you tell me its the JMP I will be dissapoint :(

EDIT #2: Fuck I just realized you own Krankenstein dont you ;)

hahaha downloading right now (yup i have to transfer the files from my internet laptop to my "recording" to hear properly everytime :s

sorry to disappoint you Guru, but this is indeed the JMP, lol.
it has more than this one sound of course, so don't be sad, it still is one of the greatest amps on the planet ;)

That with or without the Hot Mod?

I do love me some JMP, the only reason I say "dissapoint" is I hate all the grainy high end "ala" Recto's ....lol

Still excellent job showing the amps versatility. I just prefer "warmer" and classic JMP tones.

Was going to guess Krank, but I see you've already posted the outcome :)

I like the tone, very thick and grainy. Now can you please stop posting awesome clips of your JMP Lasse? I have a marriage coming up in less than half a year. It would be most tragic if that had to be postponed because the groom got a bad case of JMP GAS, now wouldn't it? :D

if she won't let you buy it you shouldn't marry her anyways!
in fact, she should get you one as dowry

I completely agree! As a matter of fact, she WANTS me to buy it! That's right, I've found a holy grail. It is my own damned conscience that's keeping me from it... but rest assured that there will be nothing standing inbetween me and that jmp once the ceremony is over :D