raveballs

Ex-Mullet Head
Feb 4, 2004
near LA
www.raveballs.com
someone had asked for this on another thread:

THE IDES OF MARCH
WRATHCHILD
THE TROOPER (listed on their set list as "Troopie")
22 ACACIA AVENUE (aja's first time singing this one)
POWERSLAVE
WASTED YEARS
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
CLAIRVOYANT (pretty rare)
CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS
FEAR OF THE DARK
7TH SON OF A 7TH SON
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST
PROWLER (debut...wow!)
IRON MAIDEN
--encore
RUN TO THE HILLS (not on set list)

my buddy enjoyed the show (his first time). the band rocked my world, as usual. had a good view of the michael kenney and sara for most of the show. (if i was able, i'd post a cameraphone pic on here.) nice to see you again, jackie. hope your sis had a good time. viva argentina! ;)

What a performance! The house was packed, everyone was super-revved up and the girls were ON- cool, confident, and kicking ass all over the stage... Steve Harris would be proud on his birthday, I'm sure... my buddies were in back (2 of them first timers that were blown away) but I had to be up front... stood next to Jeff Milne who said this was his 43rd show, good on ya Jeff!... it was my 22nd show and to hear 22 from Aja was a kinda cool treat... Michael Kenney on stage was too cool and great on the keys... 'The Count' was a shock and awe spectacle... fave moment: the whole band singing the a capella line "Can I Play With Madness" before tearing into it:) ... multiple new songs and new eddies... Prowler?! :OMG: Whoa! very unexpected!... afterward spoke to Sara and she explained it well, "A girl's gotta RAWK!"... the crowd going nuts and chanting MAI-DEN MAI-DEN and then an encore of Run to the Hills! Just a Killer show! caught some goodies- a pick from Jojo and a string box from Wanda... took some cam-phone shots, if any of them are any good will try to find a way to post em... a great great night, thanks to The Iron Maidens! Have a good trip North!
:headbang:

Hey CrankYanker! Thanks for making it our for your #22!!!! I saw you from the stage on Jojo's side/middle for a while but didn't see Jeff. (Thanks for coming Jeff!) I thought you were Red Shirt for a minute cuz, well, you can probably guess why, until I could clearly see your face. :cool: We've wanted to play Prowler for some time now and were really psyched to finally do it. :headbang: Sara broke out her Wah pedal and everything! I almost had a trainwreck at the top of this song tho cuz there was a girl on stage right next to my drum riser and she flashed me her boobies right when we were starting that song! :OMG: :loco:
I screamed but then somehow managed to hit my opening accent with Wanda. :oops: Please don't flash me when we're playing a show! Afterwards is fine, just not when we're doing a new song! :Spin:

What happened to "Children of the Dammed"? I hope you didn't bump it off, cause it's moving.

Anyway: “Sara broke out her Wah pedal and everything! I almost had a trainwreck at the top of this song tho cuz there was a girl on stage right next to my drum riser and she flashed me her boobies right when we were starting”

I can see why you be sort of freaked out being a female, but if that happened to me while playing, It would be an inspiration. Hee, hee, hee. :devil:

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Hey CrankYanker! Thanks for making it our for your #22!!!! I saw you from the stage on Jojo's side/middle for a while but didn't see Jeff. (Thanks for coming Jeff!) :Spin:

You're welcome, rushing over there from the movie set I wasn't quite early enough to get my regular spot, I was essentially in the 2nd row, 1st is better and intend to be in my regular 1st row spot at Paladino's next month.

Metallicat180 said:
Holy crapola!!!!!!!!! What a setlist!!!!!!! SSOASS, Prowler, CIPWM and 22 Acacia Avenue!!! Woah!!!!!!

Nice one girls!!! Sounds like a killer show!!!!!!!!

GODDAMNIT I WANNA SEE THIS BAND LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea "22 Acacia Avenue" is pretty hard-core, it's got to be hard to play with a plectrum any less than 1mm, cause IMO thinner that 1mm, can put some muscle in your forearm, especially with songs like that! :headbang:

Thanks for posting the set, Eric!! It was great to see ya after the show! Loved the new look, it looks like your avatar!! :tickled:

I saw RedShirt out there and I saw you there almost up front, Jeff (43rd show??!! Whoa!! That's so amazing.) :OMG:

What a cool coincidence your 22nd show was my debut of 22AA, CrankYanker! Glad we made it special for ya! (and yes, Eric, it was my first time singing that song- it was a blast to hear everyone singing "The Avenue!!!" just like the live recordings! :cool: )

No worries about Children being bumped permanently, RoboCaster. It's just that with so many songs on our list now, we're at the point to where we have to leave SOMETHING out of the show to make room for the new stuff or we'll be playing for days!!! The upside is that (especially for you local folks) the show is not the same every time we do it. It keeps it fresh for everyone. That's not a bad thing, eh? :D

Yea, it's not a bad thing, cause when I play as song too many times, personally I begin to suckify it, so playing something fresh, helps give me renewed energy when I return. So I know what you mean.

RoboCaster said:
Yea, it's not a bad thing, cause when I play as song too many times, personally I begin to suckify it, so playing something fresh, helps give me renewed energy when I return. So I know what you mean.

My point exactly! And with Maiden there is such a wealth of incredible music to explore. Plus when it comes to requests and personal faves by fans, you could line 25 people up at random and each one would have a different choice! Amazing! :p

RoboCaster said:
Yea "22 Acacia Avenue" is pretty hard-core, it's got to be hard to play with a plectrum any less than 1mm, cause IMO thinner that 1mm, can put some muscle in your forearm, especially with songs like that! :headbang:

I only know the intro riff of that song so I'll have to take your word for it! :D

Still I think it's awesome that it was played! Since the girls are doing alot off of SSOASS with the help of Michael Kenney, I'm still holding out hope for Infinite Dreams. :headbang:

Oh, and if anyone knows of any boots that I could download or trade for please let me know as I've only heard Aja singing The Trooper, Where Eagles Dare and Revelations and I would love to hear more! :worship:

Metallicat180 said:
I only know the intro riff of that song so I'll have to take your word for it! :D

Well let me put it this way, there is a consistent alt pick on the E and if you don’t hold your pick at a 10 degree or more angle perpendicular to the string, then your working too hard, and then Adrian’s solo is a prefect match to the rhythm, a bit tricky pattern change, with a well placed scrape, but it’s secret is in the rhythm, it’s a good one and I really appreciate it. :headbang: It smokes!:Smokedev: I am talking about the live version from 'Life After Death' release... I've never heard the studio version. Yea that angle is a trick taught to me by a great guitar player and teacher Mr. Tom Mac. and this dude used to play in a Rush tribute band in the 80's and I admire his knowledge. I can hear things he used to talk about in Maiden.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Hey CrankYanker! Thanks for making it our for your #22!!!! I saw you from the stage on Jojo's side/middle for a while but didn't see Jeff. (Thanks for coming Jeff!) I thought you were Red Shirt for a minute cuz, well, you can probably guess why, until I could clearly see your face. :cool: We've wanted to play Prowler for some time now and were really psyched to finally do it. :headbang: Sara broke out her Wah pedal and everything! I almost had a trainwreck at the top of this song tho cuz there was a girl on stage right next to my drum riser and she flashed me her boobies right when we were starting that song! :OMG: :loco:
I screamed but then somehow managed to hit my opening accent with Wanda. :oops: Please don't flash me when we're playing a show! Afterwards is fine, just not when we're doing a new song! :Spin:
Hey, thanks for spotting me Linda! :wave: I like my red Iron MaidenS shirt! :)

Funny story!:lol: glad the train kept a-rollin'

I remember one of the first shows I went to... at the guestbook table you would have slips of paper for people to write requests... I remember writing Prowler once and later on thinking it was a dumb request cuz a group of girls would never play that song... you know cuz the lyrics are kinda :zombie:o_O :loco: !!!
Well, glad you proved me wrong... Kudos to the Wah!
Cheers!

CrankYanker said:
I remember one of the first shows I went to... at the guestbook table you would have slips of paper for people to write requests... I remember writing Prowler once and later on thinking it was a dumb request cuz a group of girls would never play that song... you know cuz the lyrics are kinda :zombie:o_O :loco: !!!
Well, glad you proved me wrong... Kudos to the Wah!
Cheers!

Ya, Prowler doesn't feature your normal female oriented type lyrics, but I have to say it is rather fun to sing. Paul is very believable on this song! :oops:
I like singing those cool unison lines with Sara's guitar. :headbang:

Air Raid Siren said:
I saw RedShirt out there and I saw you there almost up front, Jeff (43rd show??!! Whoa!! That's so amazing.) :OMG:
Good eyes! I was back about 4-5 rows, just sooo many people. I wasn't sure if you saw me or not, likewise same with Sara, Jojo, and Linda (although I did see Sara after the show while she was walking to the front). Great setlist! I was really liken the 7thSonOf7thSon song, especially with Michael Kenney. I was surprised that Moonchild didn't make it, especially since it has some heavy keyboards. Thanks Michael! 43rd show for Jeff, what a stud. I'm somewhere around 30. One of these days I'll recount. Great show iron ladies :headbang: :hotjump: :Smokedev: :D
Air Raid Siren said:
No worries about Children being bumped permanently, RoboCaster. It's just that with so many songs on our list now, we're at the point to where we have to leave SOMETHING out of the show to make room for the new stuff or we'll be playing for days!!!

Hmmm.... I kinda like the idea of hearing you play for days :D

Red Shirt said:
Good eyes! I was back about 4-5 rows, just sooo many people. I wasn't sure if you saw me or not, likewise same with Sara, Jojo, and Linda (although I did see Sara after the show while she was walking to the front).
The lighting wasn't too blinding, fortunately! Plus, that Red Shirt really stands out in a crowd! I don't know how I missed you in yours, CrankYanker!

Red Shirt said:
Great setlist! I was really liken the 7thSonOf7thSon song, especially with Michael Kenney. I was surprised that Moonchild didn't make it, especially since it has some heavy keyboards. Thanks Michael! 43rd show for Jeff, what a stud. I'm somewhere around 30. One of these days I'll recount. Great show iron ladies :headbang: :hotjump: :Smokedev: :D
We couldn't have done 7th Son without keyboards -it would just not be the same, ya?! It was an opportunity we couldn't pass up - such a brilliant song. Those voice patches MK used were awesome!

Red Shirt said:
Hmmm.... I kinda like the idea of hearing you play for days :D
A Maiden Marathon- what a thought!! Though I think I'd end up selling the tattered and bloody remnants of my vocal cords in little coffin cases on ebay!!! :eek: :lol:

Air Raid Siren said:
A Maiden Marathon- what a thought!! Though I think I'd end up selling the tattered and bloody remnants of my vocal cords in little coffin cases on ebay!!! :eek: :lol:

If enough time has passed, and if any possible hard feelings there MIGHT have been have healed enough, one way to have a Maiden Marathon without vocal cord remnants ending up on ebay would be to have [almost certainly only as a special one time thing] all 3 line ups that there have been of The MaidenS play on the same stage on the same night for a total of about 3.5 to 4 hours. If this would be too exausting for the 3 people who've been in all 3 line ups, occasional guest players could be used to give them breaks. Wouldn't that be incredible? I'd sure pay extra to see it.
:headbang: