Gaming Thread

PiratePete

inExordium
Aug 5, 2008
Australia
www.inexordium.com
So what are people playing these days?

I'm going old school playing Diablo2 (with a mod called - Median its all sorts of awesomeness... What else are you supposed to do while you wait for Diablo 3?)

And when the "pressure" of actually having to work gets too much, Andrew and I kick back to a game of Urban Terror again - its pretty old school (think a mix of Counterstrike and Quake).

Nice on the Urban Terror mention...I wish I could play computer games still...my laptop is so ancient (it was top of the line in '01) that I can't play anything on it...with just basic windows updates I only have like a gig or 2 of free space and not enough ram to run any new games. Though I still get into the occasional game of Doom or Wolfenstein. I've been pretty heavy on playing consoles lately though.

Well I just finished up the Metal Gear Solid Essentials collections, which is Metal Gear Solid 1,2,and 3. It must have taken me about a month roughly 15 hours per game. Great experience though, and Im currently playing Final Fantasy III for my Nintendo DS. Hopefully I'll put some hours onto that while im doing Laundry today.

UT = awesome

That was such a great game. Sniper rifle FTW

And by the way, if Urban Terror is based on an the old Quake III engine, it should run on almost anything bleached_sorrow.

i got back into blood omen: legacy of kain the other day man i still love that game not as expansive in junctions as diablo but i get hooked everytime i pick it up again, has everyone noticed how there are alot of gay games flooding the consoles right now i cant even find more than 4 titles on each i would fork out the cash for

BUT CHECK THIS OUT MKvsDCuniverse MADDD! :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't really played anything seriously in the past couple of years. All of a sudden I didn't have time for it. Luckily most of the desire to play is gone too. Now it's just WW2 games and football (soccer) once in a while. I am a bit of an old RPG fan though.

nice urban terror reference, i remember lanning that mod with a bunch of people back in the day. i personally play global agenda mostly, "mmo"fps with jetpacks with nasty player vs player action in the vein of team fortress 2. but as far as actual fps goes, quakelive and battlefield bad company 2.