gammaray for pp 2007

No...just please no. Most boring set at PPIII...
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think a lot of people will beg to differ with you.

Like Wozniack said, their U.S. tour this year was so limited. I didn't make it to any of the shows, due to the closest event being 8 hours away! Gamma Ray at PPIII was so energetic (at least I thought so.. :smug: ..) and was a highlight for many people that year. It would be fantastic to see them again on the PP roster!

NO, their music just never did it for me. I went out and got their live album and it...it just doesn't do anything for me at all. Plus, I'm no fan of drum solos. Do Freedom Call instead.

No...just please no. Most boring set at PPIII...and yes they had a drum solo with a lousy drummer. Threshold had the best drummer & he didn't solo...go figure.

Unfortunately, I wasn't at PPIII, so I didn't witness the drum solo. I for one don't mind drum solos, but that's another thread. What I want to know is, why in the world do you think Danny Zimmerman is a lousy drummer! :err: I agree that Threshold's drummer is great too by the way.

I hear that Freedom Call gigs require that all men leave their balls outside before entering the venue. Can someone please confirm or deny this? It might make it a big hassle if Glenn ever wanted them to play ProgPower...

From what I understand they'll let you take them in provided you sing the bridge to "Land of Light" while dancing around a cardboard cutout of a unicorn they carry around on tour for this purpose.

Haha I withdraw my recommendation.

I actually don't really like Freedom Call much anymore, but I used to be really really into them and it would be special to see them live some day. But agreed, their music is a bit sissy sometimes.

If GammaRay played, it would be great if they had "The Spirit" on the set, and maybe "Father and Son".

If Freedom Call releases another album like Eternity, I think dancing around unicorn cut outs while wearing a pink leotard & tutu with rainbow colored legwarmers is a small price to pay.

Gamma Ray live is an utter joy... in my opinion they are one of the best live bands around. No one gets you into the whole fantasy spirit of power metal quite like G-Ray. When you go see Gamma Ray and you demand Rebellion... you friggin mean it!

If G-Ray played I would really love to see them do all of Somewhere Out in Space, which to me is the quintessential power metal album of all time.

BTW, I hate drum solos, but you've gotta keep in mind that those guys have been around for a LONG time and Kai and Henjo are getting up there in years. They probably can really use the break on such a long set. I thought it was a fairly lame drum solo at PPIII, but I've never really heard a drum solo I cared all that much about - some things Portnoy has done come the closest.

If G-Ray and Symphony X were the headliners... that would be my ideal - has been since the first PP

If GammaRay played, it would be great if they had "The Spirit" on the set, and maybe "Father and Son".

If Freedom Call releases another album like Eternity, I think dancing around unicorn cut outs while wearing a pink leotard & tutu with rainbow colored legwarmers is a small price to pay.

Surprise surprise, I don't like those Gamma Ray songs :p. I also forgot to mention you would be required to purchase an official Freedom Call plastic sword with built-in sound effects of Chris Bay singing "Hail to the gods of creation, hail to the kings of the world" every time you move them.

Surprise surprise, I don't like those Gamma Ray songs :p. I also forgot to mention you would be required to purchase an official Freedom Call plastic sword with built-in sound effects of Chris Bay singing "Hail to the gods of creation, hail to the kings of the world" every time you move them.

That would rock. Then we can sword fight with my Daniel Heiman Highlander Katana toy that sings "My soul companion, Always there".

Hhhmm...that makes me a .1%er...a unique individual, unlike the 99.9% that are not unique...l'll take that...like l said, l never claimed to be a lemming. :)

Think again. Believe it or not, I agree with you regarding Gamma Ray being a little boring at PP III. :lol::lol: You're not that unique afterall!! :lol: