*gasp* SAMMEH! methodicalwastemanagement!!

Tide In Mind Out

ct_thrash
Mar 5, 2002
*points* :hotjump:

NO MORE BIRD
The Eagle Has Landed

A statement from Thrashin' Alan...

As of 5-18-04 97.1 KEGL will be known as "Sunny 97". Just as I've always discussed at great lengths during Pledge Drive on H.T.R. The nature of Corporate/ Commercial Radio is unstable and shifty, and you never know what your future holds. You may be successful for many years doing what you do and then one day the whole thing gets ripped out from under you! It's an unfair practice, but as I said, the nature of Commercial Radio! It happened in 1995 when I worked for 99.1 Z-Rock & it got yanked from the D/FW airwaves, although that happened under completely different circumstances, the end result remains the same...another Rock Station bites the dust due to corporate shiftiness! My heart-felt regret goes out to the staff of KEGL who lost their jobs, Ive been there, it f**kin' sucks!!! Good luck to (just about) everyone on the KEGL staff in your future endeavors.

It looks like the Metal shows on KNON will now be the ONLY outlet catering to Metal bands in the Dallas/ Ft.Worth Metroplex. Maybe now 89.3 will get the respect it deserves and has deserved during its' 20 years on the air in D/FW!!!

Stay Tuned!

WHAT THE FUCK??????????????????????????????????

Jesus Christ, 5 years ago there used to be 3 or 4 good rock/metal stations. The only station I have on in my car, ever is The Eagle. It's the only one we have IN DALLAS/FT WORTH. When they're not playing crap new music which they have to, it's pretty decent for radio, I'm not much of a radio listener, but it's all we've got. Sat nights I have the Dungeon, and of course, Thrashin Alan. The Eagle has been around for a long long time it seems, it's like a staple.

But fucking shit hell mother crapper, what the hell is this bullshit?

Sunny 97 my ass. :hotjump:

BlackwaterNymph said:
WHAT THE FUCK??????????????????????????????????

Jesus Christ, 5 years ago there used to be 3 or 4 good rock/metal stations. The only station I have on in my car, ever is The Eagle. It's the only one we have IN DALLAS/FT WORTH. When they're not playing crap new music which they have to, it's pretty decent for radio, I'm not much of a radio listener, but it's all we've got. Sat nights I have the Dungeon, and of course, Thrashin Alan. The Eagle has been around for a long long time it seems, it's like a staple.

But fucking shit hell mother crapper, what the hell is this bullshit?

Sunny 97 my ass. :hotjump:

how's 93.3 the bone these days? i always had them on in the shower...showering to motley crue and warrant is fun :p

Pyrus said:
The Bone (107.7) plays mostly old hard rock, but some proto-metal (Dio, Sabbath, the Scorps) and the Metal Zone on Friday nights.
yeh theres a northbay station 101.7 the fox thats all hard rock and numetal, but seriously whats the difference? thats not much better than live 105 an shit.
-neal

Jeff-Loomis-fan said:
we dont have any good stations here in holland...thats why i wake up everymorning with a german newsflash...cause thats just the best u can get :p
you should also wake up with a big, fat joint and a prostitute.
-neal

ct_thrash said:
how's 93.3 the bone these days? i always had them on in the shower...showering to motley crue and warrant is fun :p
Still around :tickled: I guess that's where I shall be going now

Here's what they had to say:

From the Bone's website

"Corporate Radio has done it again. They've turned their back on music fans once again and have killed KEGL, The Eagle. At 93.3 The Bone we are music fans like you and would like to welcome you to the "Bonehead Nation"! Thank you for listening. "