G'day Mates!

Evensand

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2009
Hey Everyone!

As Kristian has been a good sport of posting here quite frequently, I thought I was going to do the same.

If there's any questions, please ask and I'll try and answer them as good as I can.

Salute

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Cool to have you on board, welcome :).

I'll snap the first question: How is your contribution so far to the upcoming album? I know you are beating the life out of some already dead skin, but did you collaborate with Kristian in the writing process/write a few songs yourself?
Also, what is your impression of the songs in their current state? How much did they evolve since the last album, and, well, what does it sound like to you? :)

Regards

You beat me to it, Jacob!

Anyway, HI RICKY! Hope all's well with you. I won't bog you down with more questions, as I wanna know the same things Jacob wants to know too (how are the songs different from Riders).

Does the album start with a kickass drum fill? Happens to be the case with Wargods. ^^

The music for the songs were written mainly by Kristian, Johan have put a mark on some of them, I know he wrote one song completely, but as far as collaboration between me and my dear brothers song wise there was none.

This is mainly because of the great distance between us, but also the lack of the right equipment (meaning my own home studio) is a reason, we'll see if we can change that in the future, but as it is I believe it couldn't have come out better in any case, Kristian/Johan has done a remarkable job. Lyrics however is done by Masse, and as far as I know it's going to be eeeeeeeevil.

I think the songs for this album simply is better, there was a great variety on Riders, but this one is more thought through, more compact and so is the playing. There's a greater energy and a more technical aspect to the songs and probably some of the best work I've ever done on a recording. This has alot to do with Ricki Rae who was the engineer for the drum tracking, he's patience and keeping up a good vibe all the way through really had a huge impact on me and my playing, I was just having the best time in the studio, just really enjoying the songs. When it's fun, it always comes out good, but hey, it's not fun in a sissy way, it's fun in a EEEEEEVIL way, so there.

Reg,if there's a song with a drum fill or not who starts the album, I don't know, but there is some songs that start with some drum fills and I think their more tasteful than they were on Riders. I also want to add, that Johans work on this is as usuall flawless, and I can't wait till Kristian put his solos on it, cause you see, for someone to play like that there's got to be something wrong with him :)

All in all I think this album is going to be ALOT better, but in the end it will be you guys who decides that. I'm looking forward to hear what you guys think, good or bad.

You probably wanted a more detailed description but hey I am a drummer, I like big round things that goes crash boom and crash again. Anyway I hope this finds you well for now.

All the best

Salute

Ricky

Sounds sweet. The fact that you guys are happy and content with what you are doing speaks loads. Riders had no actual weak songs, so if you are truly going to improve upon it, it´ll be an instant classic.

All the best! And thanks for being part of Demonoid!

I love nothing more than great techical death metal and your drumming is great.So how many takes does Kristian try to get out of you,for example once you to a take and send it to him does he say ;more brutal,faster and more bass ect.:headbang::;or is he happy with just a couple of takes?:headbang:

Just wanted to add randomly that "Death" at the end of ROTA is the greastest chunk of metal ever. If I were religulous I'd pray to be a few feet away from you guys shoving it down our throats in a Mosh pit. That build/tease/build/Build+ always gives me the bloodlust.

One thing that I'm really, really curious about is the motive behind Demonoid. I mean, it appears to me (and I would be damn if I were wrong) that the Niemann brother's just want to play some heavy, evil music with big balls and fun solos without focusing too deeply on the message. Correct me if this is wrong, Kristian!

So, Ricky, why are you in? For the adventure? :)

And, more curiously, what is Masse's reason to join the band? I don't know much about him, but of course all the media attention has been on his religious views. Are the lyrics going to be more political/religious/anti-religious than in Riders, or is he just in for the fun of it?

Jacob Kjær;7986054 said:
One thing that I'm really, really curious about is the motive behind Demonoid. I mean, it appears to me (and I would be damn if I were wrong) that the Niemann brother's just want to play some heavy, evil music with big balls and fun solos without focusing too deeply on the message. Correct me if this is wrong, Kristian!
Yep, thats totally spot on. Some cool, heavy music with big BALLS!!
Message? What message?? :)

Jacob Kjær;7986054 said:
And, more curiously, what is Masse's reason to join the band? I don't know much about him, but of course all the media attention has been on his religious views. Are the lyrics going to be more political/religious/anti-religious than in Riders, or is he just in for the fun of it?
Im pretty sure he´s totally in it for the fun as well. And he likes the music too so... :)

Message? What message?? :)
Ahem:
Kristian Niemann said:
Interviewer: The first three songs ' Tell the tales of a few of mankind's worst crimes'. Which are the worst in your opinion?

I think lack of empathy and greed are two of the top ones....also going to war because some "god" in a book tells you that you are right and everybody else is wrong...I mean.. what the fuck?!????
Admit it! Your sole purpose with this band is to spread the message about war being bad (M'kay?) in order for love and peace to run wild in the spirit of humans so that they can take care of the enviroment and the animals.
I had a feeling that you've always been a huge hippie, and this confirms it! End of discussion.

Nah...

Well, I'm going to say something a little off topic, but as you guys have read in the papers (if any of you actually READ! Haha!) there is a HUGE atheist campaign in the US and Europe, with huge billboards on buses and stuff. It says stuff like: BAD NEWS - there is no God. The Good News is that we don't need him.

That's totally fucking evil! I wish they had shit like that over here. People are turning into mindless sheep day by day. There need's to be less censorship on music, and more censorship on DEVIOUS ORGANIZED RELIGIONS!!!

Yes.....a word is a word and a sound is a sound and truth is truth and people need to figure things out for themselves not be told what and how to think. And all good Metal should be sent to space so the aliens can listen when we're all done.

Hey Bro!

Reg your question about how many takes etc.

I did maybe 4-5 takes on each song, then it was for Kristian to choose the best parts and put them together. There was also specific parts in the songs where there was 4-5 different fills/grooves etc, simply because of not having the Man himself there. So, when all this was done Ricki (engineer) sent all the files on a external harddrive via express post, and it was just for Kristian to open them up and have fun.

As far as Kristian telling me what to play, he do sometimes, but that's the way songwriting goes, he has an certain idea and he tells me and I try work it out. BUT, when it comes to freedom in what I choose to play, I pretty much play what I want, Kristian seems to have confidence in what I do and this is mutual between all the members in the band. I do however have no problems in listening to what he says and what he wants me to play, that's a road I've taken along time ago working with different producers in sessions/recordings etc.

I can tell you this, I wish that Demonoid were established a long time ago, cause of the good friends that we are and simply playing the music we all like.

Reg a message in the music: I do not care to much about messages, I'm hopeless learning lyrics anyway, and I think I spend more time learning the song titles than the song itself. There might be someone in the band that has a message and that's fine with me, as long as it is EEEEEEEEEVIL, don't want flowers, I want Lava.

Salute My Friends

Working from a distance is becoming more commom place these days and advances in techologies make cutting together parts even more seamless.I didn't know hard drives were sent thought the mail problably better than sending the files on the net.BTW I just heard the new song by Lion's Share "Judas Must Die" which lists you as the session/non-torning drummer and it sounds great.I had not heard of this band before but got the Metal Maniacs sampler.So how many bands are you playing for now and do you plan to tour with any of them?