Gear on Torn

I have the Engl Powerball V2 and I am pretty satisfied with it. Its not the perfect amp but its the best I've heard so far in person. I would say if you can afford it get top of the line Invader or Special edition head. As far as the fireball goes. I considered buying it as well because it was the cheapest but I spoke with Per from Scar Symmetry and he told me that they are only used for rhythm that the lead sound was not so great. But he recommended the powerball so thats why i own one now. If your trying to get a good Evergrey lead sound with maybe an external eq pedal you can match it cause you wont get that amount of clarity without one. Hope that helps man.
Ya, i've heard the same about the Fireball hasn't a good rhythm but not such great leads. Thats awesome though, Per is one of my favourite guitarists believe it or not haha. Seen SS twice, fucking amazing :)

Do you know what they used on Pitch Black Progress or was it the Fireball that he was talking about?

And tabs for Fear would be kickass!!!! I figured out part of the intro riff but i can't seem to get the rest haha

All this information is good and all, though i am more curious as to the cabinet, mic and mic pre used. More cabinet than anything else though.

Something i can't quite understand is the overly huge guitar tone, as if it is a really low tuning but its not. Whatever the studio tricks were, they are god like. maybe one day i can figure it out.

All this information is good and all, though i am more curious as to the cabinet, mic and mic pre used. More cabinet than anything else though.

Something i can't quite understand is the overly huge guitar tone, as if it is a really low tuning but its not. Whatever the studio tricks were, they are god like. maybe one day i can figure it out.

yes you're right. but the answer could be very simple: less gain is more!

Its not an Invader, I know because I have one 6 feet from me :D

They don't use the Boogie live anymore, they've been using 5150's for single tour dates, and then on the last tour I saw them on, they were using Pod XT Lives.

I'll be interested to see what they are using on this tour.

But yeah, its definitely a 5150 and an Engl Savage.

Yes, they still use the POD XT Lives.

yes you're right. but the answer could be very simple: less gain is more!

i noticed the less gain. i am talking about the sound of extremely heavy gauge strings and a very large scaled guitar.

still what intrigues me most is how they managed to get such a huge that is solid, where most tube amps recorded always give that diluted weak sound, they managed to obtain something that really worked.

i noticed the less gain. i am talking about the sound of extremely heavy gauge strings and a very large scaled guitar.

still what intrigues me most is how they managed to get such a huge that is solid, where most tube amps recorded always give that diluted weak sound, they managed to obtain something that really worked.
They used Caparison Dellinger 7 strings, their scales are 25.5"