Geez... It seems like everyone who adds me on MySpace is Death-core?!

"Evil" Aidy

Mörti Viventi
Jul 15, 2007
Stamford, Lincs
I'm not particularly up to speed when it comes to the latest fashion in music - but I have definately noticed a sudden influx of bands that all sound very similar (to my ears!) with logos that you can't read, downtuned riffs, fast drumming, beyond incoherent vocals and members that look like regular young kids with a side parting hair cut that you wouldn't expect to see at a heavy metal concert.

Man I must be getting old lol. Anyone else noticed this?

:mad:

I've noticed it at a lot of local gigs I've been to as well, is this form of music most popular with the 12 - 25 age group?

No offence intended if you enjoy this kind of music or are in one of these bands. I always seem to be well behind the times!

I just can't help feeling that some people just jump on the bandwagon. But I guess that happens with all trends of popular music...

I don't really mind some "death-core" stuff.. but they're normally really shit.

But i think trends are differen't over here in UK.. especially up north, it seems the trend is to start a band that sounds like: Every time i die, the chariot and bands alike.

but if my band gets a gig with them, and just play it..a gig is a gig at the end of the day, most important thing is getting your name out. not about who looks best and what not, haha.

[quote="Evil" Aidy;7829249]I'm not particularly up to speed when it comes to the latest fashion in music - but I have definately noticed a sudden influx of bands that all sound very similar (to my ears!) with logos that you can't read, downtuned riffs, fast drumming, beyond incoherent vocals and members that look like regular young kids with a side parting hair cut that you wouldn't expect to see at a heavy metal concert.

Man I must be getting old lol. Anyone else noticed this?

:mad:

I've noticed it at a lot of local gigs I've been to as well, is this form of music most popular with the 12 - 25 age group?

No offence intended if you enjoy this kind of music or are in one of these bands. I always seem to be well behind the times!

I just can't help feeling that some people just jump on the bandwagon. But I guess that happens with all trends of popular music...[/quote]

AGREED 100%
toom many BMTH and JFAC wannabe piles of shit around :puke:

It's basically KoRn with blastbeats.

There's a Guy interview on Metal Injection where he let's everyone know the deal on deathcore. I suggest you go watch it it's pretty fucking cool.

Death Metal + Scene Kids = :ill:

scene.jpg

when kids get bored of just being “emo,” they tend to migrate toward something more chaotic. this is where the brootal character comes in. almost like parasites, they move from one scene to another, draining all originality from that genre before moving onto the next.

not sophisticated enough to understand technical metal, and too much of a pansy to hang with the death metal crowd, he hangs with the rest of the brootal kids. as a collective, they have no idea where they are headed. they listen to brootal music not because they have an appreciation or understanding of it, but because it is practically unlistenable.

he works on grindcore logos in his notebook all day long, as he aspires to one day design band merch. to show the world his poetic side, he renames himself using alliteration- davey deathkill or stevey suicide, for example.

much like the mindless music they listen to, one brootal kid is hard to differentiate from another due to the swarm of white belts and out of control hair.

[quote="Evil" Aidy;7829442]
I'm in the UK too BTW.[/quote]

ah! my bad man, didn't see that.. haha:headbang:

but i do know what you mean, especially with that picture posted. there isn't that many of them up north..

judging by the post names in the rate-my-mix section, I'd say "math" is the latest buzz, not that it's bad, but seems to be the trend now. I don't even know what it means I gotta admit. Do they really use mathematical equations and shit? That'd be cool.

let's leave illegible logos out of this! :lol:

Are flat-brimmed hats big in England too, Ed? Cuz they've become an equally popular -core accessory :Smug:

I love asking scene-smashers like that a brief summation of what the history of metal is. They look at me like metal is the newest thing and therefore hasn't had time to make history. *shrug* Totally clueless.

I can stand the whole hair in the eyes look. If you're gonna grow your hair long...grow it long dag nabbit!

Are flat-brimmed hats big in England too, Ed? Cuz they've become an equally popular -core accessory :Smug:

alot of the new "hardcore" kids wear the flat billed caps in the UK, though some of them you can't differentiate between "brootal kids" and "hardcore kids", they all have fringes down one side of their face...

the upsetting thing is that are some of the "hardcore kids" walk around wearing the flat billed caps, hi-tops and listening to bands like Municipal Waste and think that thrash was just invented... think its just a retro fad to them...

its really worrying to me that the young 'uns nowadays are either "brootal" kids or kids who think Slipknot are the best band ever, and half of those kids will eventually grow out of metal all together...

Every time you say that I look at my pile of hats and just cringe.... I DO bend the brims, but when I buy em they're flat brimmed.:erk:

Hahahahaha, well as long as you bend the brims, that's fine, cuz of course they come flat-brimmed! Hell, I wear my "hat that happens to be fitted" (NOT a "fitted" :mad: ) all the time, I just bend the brim like a normal cracka ass cracka :lol: