Geniuses in extreme music

mattcira said:
Bill Steer

oh yea... and for those of you unfamiliar with Bill Steer...

billsteer.gif

Hi. I completely kicked your white suburban, flower sniffing candy ass on groundbreaking albums such as Heartwork, Necroticism, Symphonies of Sickness... During the early 90s, I made the Ibanez S470 the choice for many extreme guitarists when I was featured in an 8 page Guitar World spotlight article exemplifying the riff machine that I am. In addition to my unprecedented technical competency and song craftsmanship with Carcass, I was also the founding member of Napalm Death. Much like the proprietor of this forum, Dan Swano, I too go unappreciated on a small indie label with my new band Firebird, in which I portray the White equivalent of Jimi Hendrix. Yes, I'm that good.

mattcira said:
oh yea... and for those of you unfamiliar with Bill Steer...

billsteer.gif

Hi. I completely kicked your white suburban, flower sniffing candy ass on groundbreaking albums such as Heartwork, Necroticism, Symphonies of Sickness... During the early 90s, I made the Ibanez S470 the choice for many extreme guitarists when I was featured in an 8 page Guitar World spotlight article exemplifying the riff machine that I am. In addition to my unprecedented technical competency and song craftsmanship with Carcass, I was also the founding member of Napalm Death. Much like the proprietor of this forum, Dan Swano, I too go unappreciated on a small indie label with my new band Firebird, in which I portray the White equivalent of Jimi Hendrix. Yes, I'm that good.

I love that hippie...

he rocks!

Daw Swano
Mikael Akerfeldt (though not as much in recent years imo)
Andy Sneap (for being a good producer, don't like most of the music he has worked on)
Ihsahn o' course
Gene Hoglan
Garm (though not as much recently too)
King Diamond
Murai (from Sigh)

Static said:
Daw Swano
Mikael Akerfeldt (though not as much in recent years imo)
Andy Sneap (for being a good producer, don't like most of the music he has worked on)
Ihsahn o' course
Gene Hoglan
Garm (though not as much recently too)
King Diamond
Murai (from Sigh)

What was Andy Sneap's old band called... I had one of their tapes, it was pretty good. Kind of like late 1980s, they wore sort of glam haircuts with Judas Priest style leather.

Sabbat was cool (Mourning has broken is such a good album). But I'm thinking of another one (and wondering if I'm confusing Sneap for someone else). I'll have to dig through my old tapes to find it.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Sneap is not in the band I'm thinking of. Just checked his discography and none of the band names ring a bell in terms of the one I thought he was in.

Sorry just really don't know the answer to that question.

I'm not a big Sneap fan musically, I just really appreciate 1. his great attitude and willingness to share the knowledge 2. his awesome forum.

Great guy.

Dan Swanö said:
it was Sabbat

Yeah. I just found the tape I was thinking of, I hilariously confused Sanctuary's "Into the mirror black" for being a Sabbat album. And Andy Sneap was DEFINITELY never part of Sanctuary... hehe.

Fyi, Into the mirror black is a pretty good album. Sanctuary, or members of it, are Nevermore now, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah. Sabbat was cool. I liked "History of a Time To Come", which had Martin Walkyier (who later moved on to one of my favorite bands, Skyclad) for singer.

I haven't heard "Mourning Has Broken". Is it stylewise close to "History..."?

Jingjang said:
Peter Tägtgren is the most overrated person in extreme music though, in my opinion.

I agree. Hypocrisy is awful imo.

breeding death said:
If u think peter tägtgrens other project "pain" is metal, u are cycling of the road into the mud.. :p

you are referring to metal (which is heavy and extreme for the most part)
thats a vague term.

if its not metal, then what the fuck is it?:Smug:

YEH and that's the only thing i've heard from Tagtgren that sounds good. Just the REBIRTH album and not the others by the way...

Of course his vocals on BLOODBATH and Lock-up rules but that's not music composed entirely by him...