Genres, subgenres, half-genres, decaf-genres, halfcaflatte-genres, SHUT UP.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Metal is turning into a fucking Starbucks menu, it's stupid. Will genre battles ever end? Are other genres of music this anal, or is it exclusive to metal? It wasn't always this way.

I think I made a thread like this once before. I hope this one gets boobies. Boob-metal.

boob metal... hm..
boobmetal6np.jpg

most of the shit some of you listen to and talk about here I would never consider "Metal" ... but then again Debbie Gibson's name was mentioned a few times by me as well :D

I don't even want to use the term "metal" anymore, it's become too ridiculous.

Metal is now solely a state of mind, not a musical description. That burrito I just ate? Fucking metal. I'm about to listen to Hammers of Misfortune, they are not metal. Not at all. They are proto-bastard-dragon-myth-rock, nothing more.

Nah, you stick stick to the basics and do quite fine. Some of the more intricate ones may be necessary but should be taken with a pinch of salt imo. You do find some excessive pretentious ones though which are blatantly used to glorify a single band. I can't think of any right now though.

One of my old bands was African-American Communist Vomit Metal :) I was well pleased with that one! :D

As a description I don't have a problem, it's when everyone acts like they are copyrighted titles that drives me nuts.

I know what it is though, I've been going to GMD 2 or 3 times a day for a week or so. That forum loves labels way too much.

My basic guideline in genre distinctions is to never use anything excessively hyphenated or reeking of bullshit unless it describes a band perfectly, and take anything invented by a musician to differentiate himself with a heavy dose of skepticism...

Your search - "tomato ass rape metal" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

- Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.

Also, you can try Google Answers for expert help with your search.
I called it first, bitches.