will metalheads of most metal genres get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't always do it intentionally. I just happen to like my music better than other people's and tend to let them know.

Oh, I have. I downloaded the new album, I liked it. I plan on buying it when it floats around to the metal section at my local FYE.

I tend to be incredibly elitist around friends who listen to non extreme metal, or shitty mainstream bands. The poster here known as 1000 watts is a great friend of mine who I am introducing to extreme metal, and I tend to be very elitist around him.

I'm the same way around my friends. often to the point where they don't want to hang out with me anymore cause I make fun of them for listening to Nickelcrap or Stinkin Park.

Oh, I have. I downloaded the new album, I liked it. I plan on buying it when it floats around to the metal section at my local FYE.

I find that if I download an album then I have a subconscious excuse not to buy the physical album. That's one reason I stopped downloading altogether.

acting "elitist" is so incredibly retarded

I don't really give a fuck what anybody listens to

people like whatever they like, I don't do any 'you're not kvlt enough' shit, or 'my genre can beat up your genre' shit, but if someone likes a genre I like I always speak up when I think one band is better than another incase they don't know em, I think everyone does that, and it's helpful.

someone put me on to Primal Fear just the other day on some them>hammerfall shit :heh:

I usually have problems with "black metallers" most of them are so arrogant/ignorant.

Interesting, I've noticed the opposite. Strange.

I have friends who listen to less extreme forms of metal, so I tend to act slightly elitist around them (though not to the point that I make fun of their tastes). But I don't think it offends them because they look to me as the black metal guru of my school.

I also act elitist around my shit taste friends, and I know it pisses them off but I frankly don't give a fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.