The Most Universally Respected Bands (among metalheads)

Patch jackets are the epitome of pathetic nerdiness

my patch vest > you
100_0353-1.jpg

100_0352.jpg

ive still got add my nokturnal mortum, graveland, and orphaned land patches. i gotta find a spot to put the graveland and orphaned land patches next to eachother.

i lost my absurd patch :cry:
~gR~

I need to get some of the more basic patches, like Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Unleashed, Dismember, Bathory, Morbid Angel, etc...I have a bunch of more obscure patches that came with die hard versions of records. I need a fucking vest first and foremost though. I'm still trying to decide what to do about a back patch though. I have one from The Gates Of Slumber, but I'm not sure if I want that as my back patch. If I make a second vest I'll definitely use it though.

i need more obscure patches. i'll trade that unleashed patch for somthing, if i can cut it off without doing too much damage (its machine sewn though, so i think im screwed)

anyways, rockabilia has a good selection of patches
~gR~

My father has an old denim jacket that he doesn't wear anymore, and I'm considering using it to make a patch vest by cutting off the sleeves. You recommend I do this or should I keep the sleeves on?

It depends on what you want. You can use it as a jacket with patches on it, of course. I intend to wear it over my leather jacket.

Hmm, if I keep the sleeves on would it look better if I put patches on the sleeves, too? I think it might look silly that the body of the jacket is full of patches and the sleeves are bare.

Regardless, I need to start collecting patches. The only one I have is the Stormblast MMV patch that came with the album.

i dont think ive seen people put patches on the sleeves of jackets. well, except in the military, where we put our rank...

but ive never seen a jacket with patches all over the sleeves.
~gR~

That's really a judgment call. If I were you, I would fill up the body first and see how it looks.

Plus I don't know shit about sewing, but I have a friend who could do it. I'll have to pay him to do a big job sewing them all on at once.

i dont think ive seen people put patches on the sleeves of jackets. well, except in the military, where we put our rank...

but ive never seen a jacket with patches all over the sleeves.
~gR~
Jackets are better then vests, because the have a purpuse other then being cool! I have lots of patches on my jacket's sleeves. Only on the upper arms yet though.

...and a Celtic Frost - Emperors Return backpatch. \m/