will metalheads of most metal genres get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'll be friends with any metalhead, but I'm sure I'd have more in common with a death, black, thrash, or grindcore fan than the others. I only have 2 friends into extreme metal and they're only into Norwegian black metal 2nd wave like Burzum, Darkthrone, Immortal, Satyricon, Emperor, and Dark Funeral(I know they're Swdedish) and that's all their bands and they don't listen to later Emperor and only know 3 swongs of Dark Funeral and a few by Darkthrone and every Burzum song ever made, and Mother North and a few newer Satyricon songs, so they're not as deep into BM like many people on this forum. Their musical tastes are classic rock and mainstream rock music and one of them is into emo more than black metal now. I still have no death friends.

The answer is no, they can't get along. I once struck up a conversation with this guy I saw at the grocery store because he was wearing a Dismember shirt. We engaged in a very pleasant conversation for a while. Then when I discovered he mostly listened to power metal, I told him to fuck off, followed him home and totally egged his house. So just think about THAT the next time you wanna discuss the new Sonata Arctica record with me, sucka.

Nice alteration this is what really happened, i discussed sonata arctica with you for about 5 mins then you followed me home and all my metalcore panty friends came and ass rammed you and you loved it.

well with other metal heads i get along with fine. like for instance my bass player is vocalist and bass player in my death metal band throne of xaphan, but he is also a bass player in a a power metal band. everyone here respects him, either way.except one moron black metal guy, who doesnt even acknowledge iron maiden or anything, just darkthrone etc.. I believe alot of the metal fans are blind and ignorant towards themselves and others. i get along with everyone, even though i dont like power metal. man its metal, were brothers, we stick together either way. at least i do with them here.

The answer is no, they can't get along. I once struck up a conversation with this guy I saw at the grocery store because he was wearing a Dismember shirt. We engaged in a very pleasant conversation for a while. Then when I discovered he mostly listened to power metal, I told him to fuck off, followed him home and totally egged his house. So just think about THAT the next time you wanna discuss the new Sonata Arctica record with me, sucka.

wtf man what is this. that is stupid and niave. everyone sticks together, liek brotherhood, at least what i think u shuld do.i dont particularly like power metal , but dude, come on

I have friends who listen to less extreme forms of metal, so I tend to act slightly elitist around them (though not to the point that I make fun of their tastes). But I don't think it offends them because they look to me as the black metal guru of my school.

wtf man what is this. that is stupid and niave. everyone sticks together, liek brotherhood, at least what i think u shuld do.i dont particularly like power metal , but dude, come on

Hahahahahaha.

If you want a serious answer though, I stopped caring what any of my friends listened to long ago. Well, maybe I never cared. Either way, I've known many people into metal over the years. Many of the more interesting ones---actually, most---have tastes in bands that are very different, sometimes just downright bad. On the flipside, there are many people with more similar tastes for whom I don't particular care. People are who they are, regardless of what's in their CD player. Whenever I'm at a Manowar concert singing along, at the top of my lungs, such words of wisdom as "If you're not into metal, you are not my friend", it's an empty threat. I can't adhere to that philosophy in reality.

I would appreciate being around ANY metalheads, period, they are fucking rare enough around here. But I would tend to get along better with fans of black metal, although a hardcore kid that I know that knows a lot of underground grind as well is really fun to han gout with. He is the closest thing I have around here to a music companion.

I have friends who listen to less extreme forms of metal, so I tend to act slightly elitist around them (though not to the point that I make fun of their tastes). But I don't think it offends them because they look to me as the black metal guru of my school.

I tend to be incredibly elitist around friends who listen to non extreme metal, or shitty mainstream bands. The poster here known as 1000 watts is a great friend of mine who I am introducing to extreme metal, and I tend to be very elitist around him.

I tend to be incredibly elitist around friends who listen to non extreme metal, or shitty mainstream bands. The poster here known as 1000 watts is a great friend of mine who I am introducing to extreme metal, and I tend to be very elitist around him.

Yeah I've got a friend who's into Opeth and progressive metal and I've been putting him on a steady diet of Dimmu Borgir, Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy and Emperor to condition him for the more extreme stuff.
He's coming with me to see Dark Tranquillity tomorrow night so I'd say he's on his way down the right paths.

Good for him. After he gets his feet wet, show him some Darkthrone and he will never look at music the same way again.

Have a good time at the DT show, that should be awesome. It would be cool to hear some of their new stuff live.

Status
Not open for further replies.