The Least Respected bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfantChaos

Enemy Of Satan
Nov 6, 2007
your local deli!
I was quite intrigues by the topic of the most respected bands. so i just decided to find out what bands are least respected among metalheads.

I should think that maily i will be getting answers of Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine, and other bands like that. But who knows?

And just incase your thinking of asking, yes, this is a rip-off of the topic 'The most universally respected bands (among metalheads)'

1. Slipknot
2. Parkway Drive
3. Trivium

I do like some music by both slipknot and trivium, but i find them as some of the least respected bands.

Amon Amarth get alot of stick from Viking purists, think that just because it's Viking themed their music should be rigidly following the standard Viking Metal style of play. Probably the fact they are reasonable popular makes them irritated as well.

Al Jourgensen gets a lot of undeserved crap if you ask me. Everything from "useless junkie" to "left-wing nut" but I think he did a great trilogy with the last three Ministry records.

And when on the subject I also think Killing Joke should be remembered not only for their music but also for inspiring popular metal and rock bands like Metallica, Nirvana, Ministry, The Foo Fighters and cultbands like Therapy?, Prong, Isis and Faith No More.

Eh...I don't see any value in a subject such as this one...what are you trying to prove?

I call a page before this descends into random metalcore hating. Also, Parkway Drive fucking rules, and no one really knows them anyway so yeah.

What the F is Parkway Drive? Never even heard of them. They sound like an emo band.

For this thread to be at all valid or interesting more guidlines need to be set up. Among real metalheads the bands you listed are not even considered to be metal, so of course they will not be respected or even considered.

So maybe it should be among metalheads, which real metal bands are least respected. And the lines between some -core and metal seem to be blurring, so that makes it even harder.

Anyway, I vote for Pantera.

Pantera
Lamb of God
In Flames
Metallica
Slayer
Dragonforce
Sonata Arctica
Lordi
Gwar
Dimmu Borgir
most glam/hair metal bands
most metalcore bands

If this is a thread about bands that deserve the least respect, than it might as well be closed before it becomes a hate-war.

If this thread is about bands that are disrespected but deserve more respect than they get, then close it too, because we've recently had a thread about the most underrated bands.

I do agree with Zeph though. This forum is to promote intelligent discussion of metal (with the odd exception here and there for the typical NP or Hauls thread, of course); topics like this are childish, usually become spiteful (u haet my fav band so i h8 yrs!1!), and other negative things very soon.

So I think it is in the best interest of the entire GMD community to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.